The Crow's Weapon of Choice

Iwan Kemp

...and stop to take photos!

Hey SLOWbee, a weekend has two days...this has one has four! Double the fun! The plan is to ride Tokai and Eden this weekend for sure. The rest we'll make up as we go along.

I'm sweating already just thinking of pedaling the Mbuzi to the top of the Blk route.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, have you been doing some reading? How's Mr T?

Bos, whose bike is that or why do you have RM grips?

Nah, It was a RM test bike... man, What a bike....

20090406_082030_2007-Rocky-Moun.jpg

This one.. after I rode it till it begged me to stop I gave it back and sold my raleigh..hahah

Sick RM!!! That whole rear triangle looks really tech...

Still made of plastic, I would worry about coming short. What was the ride like?

The Ride was very good, being so light 11kg for a 4-6 inch bike. very responsive A bit tall. and short for my liking.. Though I might just be used to my layed out cockpit

I would love to love to ride my blur with those parts on.

I doubt It would have lasted as well as my blur though. Also the travel ramped up which is good for some, but I prefer the VPP which is liniar through the stroke so you feel like you have more travel than you actually do.

Ride on..

20090406_092035_DSC_7019.jpg

NICE PIC!!! Is that Jonty killing the Urban downhill in Bo-Kaap...

Linkages, I hear you. The new Morewood has a linkage system, the one that Nathan Rennie is riding. It Looks pretty sweet.Cool

Cool

Speaking of light bikes, Have you seen that new Scott Genius for 7000quidShocked. As said, its plastic...But then again getting it up the hill will be easier on a hot day...

uploads2/20090406_093647_Shova_sml.zip

This is my puppy the first time it was built up... just thought I'd share the whiteness. Lets hope it comes out' date=' new to this posting picture uploading thingy
[/quote']

Pic has to be smaller than 100kbWink

If it hangs, refresh or close page and re-open. I know...

If you HAVE to go linkages, go with the best: a bike with a DW-Link. Pivot, Ibis, Turner... you won't look back.

If I ever bother to get a new bike.. I wil consider. But Im a temperamental chap. I like stuff for my own reasons. Im a designer and aesthetics play such an important part for me, this not only looking at it like my mom would but the eyes ability to fade out the clutter and bring out the "shape of it" and If this has a certain balance thel I like.. Just like I can never like a Kona, or Elsworth I dont care how good they might be. They are dog ugly to me. and thats it. haha

Im all fairness. I cant really go around buying new frames every year or so. Theres very few under 20 000 to choose from and the ones were talking about are mostly between 25 and 40.

Crow, shot for the pic fix...

Yeah I agree with you on the DW link, and the Ibis looks great in all those cool colours...Guiness Foam - not the greatest colour but the name just sounds so cool.

I am definately with BOS on the looks department, Kona's aren't so pretty. As for prices, it may be cheaper to start lashing bamboo bikes together...

• 3 weeks later...