Morewood XC Bike

Wallee

Any ideas as to when the MW XC bike will be available?  I heard that next year is a possibility.

In the meantime bring on my Trek!!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Standoff, hoping to have them available from mid to end of December. Check the Morewood and Rush Sports blogs to keep up with the progress.

• 2 months later...

The new Morewood XC Marathon would look sweet with a polished frame finish (as bellow), Mavic crossmax slr wheelset (2009) and sram's new xx group set with the new sid wc xx fork (black), not forgetting the egg-beaters ti pedals Big%20smile 

20090802_025612_wc_pmb09_01153s.jpg

20090802_025637_3684014264_bd5d.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys & Girls

I am very keen on the new Zula but friends have warned me that the single pivit design is old technology and that the 4 bar is the way to go i.e. Ellswoth.

Do anyone have an opinion on this? I dont know the difference and dont have the opportunity to ride the Zula before I buy. I currently have an 07 Spec Epic SW and they say that I currently ride a better bike than the Zula?

I will keep the Spec but dont want to buy something that I wouldnt use?

Single pivot is the omly way to go !! I have tested them all and always come back to the SP . But why don't you go and test a SP bike and see yourself .

Santa Cruize

Raleigh RDS

Morewood Shova

You can have a spin on my RDS at Groenkloof , and you can look at the Morewood but not touch ... Ok you can take a very short spin on it .

Hi Guys & GirlsI am very keen on the new Zula but friends have warned me that the single pivit design is old technology and that the 4 bar is the way to go i.e. Ellswoth.Do anyone have an opinion on this? I dont know the difference and dont have the opportunity to ride the Zula before I buy. I currently have an 07 Spec Epic SW and they say that I currently ride a better bike than the Zula?I will keep the Spec but dont want to buy something that I wouldnt use?

Hi BB44....you need new friends.

I currently ride a 4bar rig and have test ridden the MWZ ... the MWZ is one stable, light, agile, climb like a mountain goat and descend like a DH bike kind of ride.

In all honesty you could not go wrong .. even for a single pivot. They have just got the bike right.

Buy the MW and get new friends. If the MW does not work out of ryou then you can be sure that there will be more than enough takers in the market!

Regards and Good Luck

Hairy

I rode a singlepivot bike for 2 years and then got a VPP bike. Very different ride. biggest difference is the following: <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Single pivot less maintenance (when you oneday need it)

singlepivot reacts on pedal inputs. It stiffens up under power, so In essence you dont need to lock it out as much as a fully active bike, but you pay for it in a less supple suspension when climbing technical stuff.

The rest of the time I felt that the singlepivot rounded the bumps off. It has a more "even" compression rate. a rising rate. This means that the  compressing force the firming of the suspension is more or less constant.

On a VPP bike you have what is referred to as a Fully active suspension, as is with a ?fourbar? suspension system, It Isolates the pedal input to an extent, some more some less.

VPP takes it one step further and ?manipulates? the ?spring rate? so that your Relation between compressing weight and springrate getting harder is in a ?S? shape rather than constantly curving up like a singlepivot bike. What does that do? It makes the initial part of the travel firm, up to a point  where it gets more ?liniar?/softer so that when you hit that bump It runs through the midstroke quickly and absorbing more of it bedore getting harder again at the end of the travel to keep it from bottoming out harshly.

This suspension system needs something like a RP 2 or 23 to ?tame? as If you are climbing out the saddle it wil wallow beneath you. I have found that I often completely forget about the lockout when in races especially when the track is rough..

Going Downhill, because of the VPP your midstroke is ?plusher? therefor your bike wil ?eat? more of the bump before giving you feedback. Personally It was an eye opener to me and I can go much faster downhills with the VPP.

I want to make a point that I think this is very much a personal thing, way more than ?whats best?. If it was then I don?t see why a company like Morewood would be making linkage bikes as well as  singlepivot bikes. And companies like Santacruse, who made the Heckler, which was widely regarded as the first massproduced FS bike- It was a singlepivot bike and closer to what the Superlight is today. Yet they have developed a further 2 singlepivots so that they now have a Superlight, a Bullet, and the heckler, at the same time They have the Blur XC- LT the NOMAD the ?driver and the DH V10

I?d say different Stroke rate for different Folks.

Class out.

( Now wait for the crow to come give a lecture why he loves the DW link (I just don?t know it, but I don?t think that?s the point here. )

20091007_010141_shock_rates.jpg

MTB kid Im not as familiar with DW.. Please Explain In a way like I did above, what makes the DW so good (Im not asking you to compete here I just dont know it , I know where it can be found, just not how its better.)