Top rider attacked Stellenbosch

Groot Lem

I can think of so many uses for paintball guns when I hear storys like this.. Those kidds are Effing Naughty and I get so angry when I hear this

There use to be bunches of these kids in longstreet at night that would try Pickpocket you when they swarm around you and pretend to come hug etc.. I would just shout at them and take a few flathand swings and they would back off, but I know of a few wallets and cellphones that went missing this way.

Gou gesond word Erik...

The police said he shouldnt have stopped.!

that sounds like something the police will say Angry

I hope Erik recovers soon....

even on the Bottelary rd in the evenings the kids get nasty....rocks and sticks come flying at you from all directions....CryCry

I have learned to squirt <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

water in their faces when they come to close....Big%20smile 

the police I so fken USELESS ...

"Ehe , eish you shouldn't have stopped wena, these tjotsies are dangerous"

and they even speak like there is no BRAIN

This happens far too often and always in the same place. The kids do it just for kicks and to see if they can get something valuable from the rider. I have been involved in one of these instances too and I know of several other that have been attacked. My advice is carry mace, expect the worst and try not to ride alone - anyone else in the area who wants to ride together is free to contact me. These hooligans make communiting very hard though and I have almost stopped communting for this very reason. 

I hope Erik recovers soon and completely.

Lately the police in Stellenbosch have made a lot of comments about improving "service" and tackling problems by working with the community; I think maybe the cycling community in Stellenbosch should get together and address concerns like these with the police.  The R44 at Cloetsville is a hotspot right now, but there are other areas of concern as well.

I share Lem's sentiment about "mobilising".  We all deplore incidents like the one involving Erik, but we all share the tendency to expect "them" to do something about this (with "them" being the police/local goverment/government/zuma/zille/whatever).  Maybe the time has come to do something constructive (or attempt to at least).  Maybe we can get a "Stellenbosch Cyclists Forum" going and then start talking to the police about problems and possible solutions?

Lem?

The Stellenbosch Police is useless. When I was flattened by a mommy in a German sedan, I had an eyewitness, her registration number and address and the police didn't even went to see her.

a few youngsters took a small kids bike and threw it into him' date=' kids laughed and ran away.[/quote']

Is this the kind of entertainment that kids need these days?

Apart from fencing them all in, what can really be done about this?

Just like animals. That's what they've done on the N1 freeway between Vanderbijl and Joburg, the trick there was to put rocks in the road so you crash, then rob you.

Filthy animals all right.

Hope Erik comes right quick. Busted teeth, flippen nasty.

The Stellenbosch Police is useless. When I was flattened by a mommy in a German sedan' date=' I had an eyewitness, her registration number and address and the police didn't even went to see her.
[/quote']

Typical police today !! Always try to shift the blame to the innocent party and then pretend that there is no case !!

Get well soon Erik !!

Will meet with Latrinus tomorrow to discuss. Maybe take the mayor for coffee.

Clap. flippen brilliant!! Had me in stiches Big Blade !

will you take your laptop to make it official ?