Alligator I-Link Cable Kit

Mak-daddy

Anybody used /is using these.

is it woth spending R300 bucks on these cables and is their any benefit of using them.

I need a set of cables and might consider to get me a set both the brake and shifters kit.
Mak-daddy2009-04-20 08:06:13

I was mulling over the EXACT  SAME question yesterday in the bike shop. Went for the XTR cable kit after half-an-hour of wondering. I was also considering the R700 Alligator "bling" cable guides.....hmmm...

After thinking about it last night, I think the cable kit is a waste of my money in any event.....if you love your bike, you'll replace cables every year instead of a lube....why I went and spent the money, I don't know....but I'm convinced I wasted it....

I left my bike at the bike shop. Told them i will call them in the morning to let them know what i have decided to do.

I still have not made a decision as yet, but think i will rather go for the dura-ace cable kit as i know they good stuff

I would not bother. Don't even bother with the DA/XTR kits. Buy just the DA/XTR inner cables and the SIS outers by the meter. It's the same thing and costs allot less.

Had them on my Moto Lite. They work great on everything but dual suspension bikes. On my RB shifting was smooth and precise for ages. Then I changed to Campag and all my shifting worries were over for good.

They will work great on a hard tail...especially with winter coming up.

I love mine. The premise is that it seals the cable so dirt does not come into the cable housing/outer so your shifting stays as new basically.

Looks really bling and is lighter than the standard SIS housing and you can adjust the links so the cable stays in a certain position and doesnt rub as easily, but rubber guards are included.

I think the i-links with Power Cordz will be absolutely killer

That's where I stopped short of buying them...they look absolutely koolbeans, but when I heard that dirt gets in between the links, it put me off immediately....R700 is too much for, what the Germans would call, "eine Staubva\"nger"....

I'll see how the the XTR kit performs on my dual-suss.....would be sad if it does turn out to be a complete waste of cash....should've gotten the floor pump and shock pump for the cash I spent of the kit...

I'll see how the the XTR kit performs on my dual-suss.....would be sad if it does turn out to be a complete waste of cash....should've gotten the floor pump and shock pump for the cash I spent of the kit...

that is why I mentioned not to buy the kit but the loose parts. I think it works out to less then R150.

that is why I mentioned not to buy the kit but the loose parts. I think it works out to less then R150.

Regarding the XTR cable inners, ive heard more than one person (inc. a lbs mechanic) complain about the black (teflon?) coating on the cable. They say it flakes off and clogs up the housing making shifting erratic?

Anyone else had this problem?

I run standard R15 cables on my XTR bike, and replace them when neccesary. Never had a problem with shifting Wink

Mampara,

thanks for your advice, but you're about 16 hours too late.....its on my bike already.....

this is why I was awake till looooooooooong after the end of the IPL game thinking about the "stupid" decision I made to spend the money on a cable kit...I've spent so often unnecessary amounts of cash on "junk" at the bike shop....especially bike tools....

Anybody out there using  Gore ride- on cables. . where can one find them and any idea of the cost?