Willehond's new ride!

Willehond

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very nice! Congrats. I am a fan of Canyon, and am quite a bit jealous now....

Please weigh the frame and fork loose before you build it up?

I think SRAM force offers perhaps the best performance/weight vs cost at the moment, if figures can be believed, its 350g lighter than old Ultegra, though it is more expensive, and not much heavier than Red.

Force casette is not hollow, won't be as noisy as Red. Red crankset about the most complained about feature, a bit heavy for the price, and the chainrings are supposedly a bit flexible for the pros. Then, Saxo Bank team also not happy with the chains, but easily sorted with a Shimano chain.

Hmm, perhaps a nice Zipp crankset to match the wheels...... (I'm selling my Zipp300 175mm cranks, wink wink nudge nudge)  

Christie, I will definitely weight it and let you know.  I decided on Force in the end, but nobody has stock today.  Bummer.  Will have to take it to the LBS tonight and pick it up on the weekend (if the shop has time to build it...)

Delayed gratification sucks!

Guest colonel

Nice frame and wheels wilddog, any particular reason you got it?

Nice frame and wheels wilddog' date=' any particular reason you got it? [/quote']

Loads of reasons of course!  The frame has been getting rave reviews (stiff, very light, great ride etc.) in bike tests here and in Germany, plus it is relatively cheap if you get 'licence' discount.  I also like the clean look.

I looked at others, but I though I'd get something a bit different.  Plus there is no way my budget would stretch to the Pinarello Prince I want!!!

The Zipps I got because my wife said she finds deep section wheels sexy!

that is seriously the nicest bike ive seen in ages! well done, cant wait to see the complete build.

their mtb's look very good. wonder what the prices are like for them here in the uk?

that is seriously the nicest bike ive seen in ages! well done' date=' cant wait to see the complete build.

their mtb's look very good. wonder what the prices are like for them here in the uk? [/quote']

Thanks dan!

They exclusively sell via their website which means you get a good price, but you have to see one at a bike show or have a look at a friend's one.  Nothing at your local bike shop in the UK!  They are Germany's number one selling bike brand.

that is seriously the nicest bike ive seen in ages! well done' date=' cant wait to see the complete build. their mtb's look very good. wonder what the prices are like for them here in the uk? [/quote']

Thanks dan!

?

They?exclusively sell via their website which means you get a good price, but you have to see one at a bike show or have a look at a friend's one.? Nothing at your local bike shop in the UK!? They are Germany's number one selling bike brand.

?

i gathered that they only sell through their own site. good in a way so you get the best price from them, but bad that i cant get it through the shop i work in and put it on my "interest free account" smiley36.gif

anyways, cant justify getting a new bike. the wife is still getting over the last one.

Nice frame!

Williehood, I use sram force my self and will never go back to shimano.It is noisy and high maitenance but it makes up for it in performance.

(stiff' date=' very light, great ride etc.) [/quote']

do you want JB to come here and sort you out? LOL

Shall I add that those Zipps feel really fast and responsive?!Cool

...I'm running

Shall I add that those Zipps feel really fast and responsive?!Cool

...I'm running

do they have ceramic bearings?