Miway Bike Insurance *#$%*!

ark

Cyclesure is the way to go, was on the way to the panorama, realized I haven't insured my bike yet, and they insured me within half an hour.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone try Hollard?

Yes, i am with Hollard and recently put them to the test with a claim.

1st week of April i had my bikes stolen out of my garage - since i had household insurance i put in my claim thru our broker Multirisk which is under insured thru Hollard and i had excellent service from them - no hassles what so ever.

If your bike gets stolen from you home then it will fall under your householders insurance. You only need to specify it if you worried about it going missing/broken outside your home.

Go with Santam. Both my MTB (R 30,000) and Road Bike (R 20,000) are insured with them. I had a claim with them before and the claim was sorted within one week. The service I received was excellent!

Household insurance- first for Women.....   have only had good service from my Broker.

Bikes Cyclesure...............   Talk to Anny or Chanelle or the owner Fred...  Will not take my bikes to anyone else   Good service and no problems with claims.

Will continue to use them.  Bliksempie broke his frame last year.  I was on my way back to Pretoria and the claim was approved before I even got on the highway.  10 min...  That my friend is called good service.

Anyone try Hollard?

Yes' date=' i am with Hollard and recently put them to the test with a claim.

1st week of April i had my bikes stolen out of my garage - since i had household insurance i put in my claim thru our broker Multirisk which is under insured thru Hollard and i had excellent service from them - no hassles what so ever.

[/quote']

That's good news. I have the bikes with them (and the household) under fully comprehensive, so I hope if I ever need them I get the same service.

If your bike gets stolen from you home then it will fall under your householders insurance. You only need to specify it if you worried about it going missing/broken outside your home.

If its in your garage at home and your garage is broken into, then outsurance wont pay under householders unless its specified.

At least thats what happened a few years back to us.... Needless to say Outsurance have never seen a cent from us again.. a claim for R3000 cost them at least R30000 in premiums to date... with no further claims...

Yes, but thats Outsurance. Time to get a proper insurance company I say. But yeah there may be some exclusion you need to be careful of. Also if you have an alarm warranty, make sure you have a passive sensor in your garage (and that you set it everytime you leave the house, no matter how quick you are going to be)

I checked with Hollard when I bought my bike a year ago. Only covered for theft not racing, training, etc. They referred me to CS.

Well it seems the Cyclesure is a safe bet. Need to get proper insurance as even though I use my entry level Giant to commute to work every day, if some nucker tries to reposes it at a robot, it will cost me to have it replaced.

I am with Auto and General and in the beginning had to negotiate terms re bike as there was insurance during an organised bike race but so far have made 2 claims, (R 15 000.00 & R 8 000.00) after accidents and both times was paid out. 

I had one non cycling claim with outsurance and they got OUT, so I quickly got OUT of their insurance. I am with M&F? todate I have not had to claim thank heavens.

Well it seems the Cyclesure is a safe bet. Need to get proper insurance as even though I use my entry level Giant to commute to work every day' date=' if some nucker tries to reposes it at a robot, it will cost me to have it replaced.

[/quote']

rather take the R200 or there abouts odd bucks and put it into the homeloan. If and when you need a new one take it out the homeloan. Bugger paying the insurnace man for a bike.

Read the policy very carefully

I almost insured mine until I read it and realised I was taking more risk than the insurance company.

Most will say a bike on a bike rack with no one in the car is unattended therefore can't claim!

Racing is normally excluded as well.

If claimed under 'all risks' it must be specified otherwise claim is limited to about the same value as a hosepipe.

The other thing is value .... what is your bike insured for compared to what they will pay out and have you seen the replacement costs?

Slowbee has the right idea .... self insurance is cheaper oin the long run.

• 1 month later...

Hi i need bike ensurance fast.. i need ensurance for:

1) If i crash during training or racing to replace broken or damaged components
2) If my bike gets stolen at home or if it get hi-jacked when im riding.

For now i want to ensure it for R25k

I ONLY want to ensure my bike, no household craps..

What is the best ensurance company for me, im looking for something reliable?

Regards

Wynand.

Adrofl_Hitlol2009-06-03 03:30:25

i'm with Slowbee on this as well. We are all supposed to have a rainyday fund. Insurances ties your money up in very inflexible ways. For big ticket items, they are unfortunately the best option, but things like bikes, cameras etc, the insurance machine is sure to suck your dry and still give you stick when it's claim time.Capricorn2009-06-03 03:25:50