Bar ends.

L.T.G

http://www.canecreek.com/images/other/ergobarends.jpgThese are pretty comfortable.http://www.canecreek.com/component-other?product=ergo-control

BigBen I also use them ON RISERS. They are great.SmileWink

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL Whatever blows your hair back mate, I haven't got any hair ........ Ouch

There are a number of view regarding bar-ends (image vs functionality vs comfort)

I have recently startted using the Ergon Magnesium ones after I have cycled without them.

What I found is that I grip the handlebards more on the bar-ends than with my hands in the normal position(without bar-ends).They are super comfortable and offer a different position for your hand/wrist on the longer rides.

One bit of advice' date=' when going for bar-ends, make sure that the ones you get are not to long. They have a tendancy to catch on all the branches while going down singletrack. This will ensure you make contact with mother earth and sometimes stay there. :-)
[/quote']

Ride the same grips, just without the bar-ends, super comfy!

I have 2 pairs I alternate between:

Cane Creek - best comfort for long distance

KCNC - Bling and very light, better for quick races

L.T.G.Smile

Do I find them slippery? Not really. I always ride with gloves which offers a bit more grip on the metal bar-ends.

I usually use them either on a climb or on the flats. Never when I go hairing downhill

I have seen some riders use roadie inners glued to the bar-ends. If it helps, I dont know. what the purpose it. beats me.

L.T.G.Smile

Do I find them slippery? Not really. I always ride with gloves which offers a bit more grip on the metal bar-ends.

I usually use them either on a climb or on the flats. Never when I go hairing downhill

I have seen some riders use roadie inners glued to the bar-ends. If it helps' date=' I dont know. what the purpose it. beats me.
[/quote']

great..thanks for all the helpThumbs%20Up

L.T.G.Smile

I have seen some riders use roadie inners glued to the bar-ends. If it helps' date=' I dont know. what the purpose it. beats me.
[/quote']

I also use the little metal ones and 95% of the time they are not slippery, but when racing in wet muddy conditions, your gloves become wet as do the bar ends and they become greasey. This happened towards the end of the Tour Durban MTB race for me.

But that said I never hold my bar ends when descending technical stretches, for technical work you want to limit your movements hence you hold on the normal grips closer to the stem. So even when they may get slippery, that won't result in loss of control/falling, it is just irratating.

However I don't like the rubbery ones (the feel) which I cam sure when wet and muddy will behave the same.