Cleaning greasy cassettes

Jules

Interesting. What's it cost and is it effective with grease? Do you use a special solution or just ordinary soap?

All these questions? I wanted to keep this secret to myself, impressing the chicks on the block with my clean chain.

I paid R1650 for it from The Tool Shop in Strydompark. If you go and buy one, tell the owner that I referred you and I still resent him for not giving me a discount after spending lots of money with him.

Don't throw away the Prepsol yet, that's what I used as soap for the hot water.

So far it has cleaned some amazing things - jewellery, watches, QRs, cassettes, chains, coins etc. I've even considered getting a bigger one for the dog....but after trying to revitalise fork foam rings in it, noticed that it doesn't work on soft stuff - they must be hard and able to resonnate with the machine.

It has a timer that turns itself off and makes a pleasant high-pitched buzz like a dentist drill.

The Taiwanese instructions are the best.

Next topic : Cleaning a dirty ultrasonic cleaner....  LOL...

They can be acquired cheap online, but those are not nearly as big as Johan's one...

All these questions? I wanted to keep this secret to myself' date=' impressing the chicks on the block with my clean chain.

I paid R1650 for it from The Tool Shop in Strydompark. If you go and buy one, tell the owner that I referred you and I still resent him for not giving me a discount after spending lots of money with him.

Don't throw away the Prepsol yet, that's what I used as soap for the hot water.

So far it has cleaned some amazing things - jewellery, watches, QRs, cassettes, chains, coins etc. I've even considered getting a bigger one for the dog....but after trying to revitalise fork foam rings in it, noticed that it doesn't work on soft stuff - they must be hard and able to resonnate with the machine.

It has a timer that turns itself off and makes a pleasant high-pitched buzz like a dentist drill.

The Taiwanese instructions are the best.

[/quote']

So will I get a sparkling clean cassette back after my wheel has been repaired.LOLLOLLOLBig%20smile

Prepsol like thug said Thumbs%20Up ... You can buy 10-20 litres of the stuff from a place in Kya Sands' date=' will last you forever![/quote']

Used Prepsol on my motor bikes for years. R220.00 for 25lts at Allijam in polly street jhb.

Do not use it on a bicycle. It ate my shock seals, fork seals, o rings and did the paint work no favours.

The stuff is too strong for bicycle components.

Use paraffin on the drive components and sunlight soap (bar) elsewhere.

Well, thats my advice anyway.

Prepsol works for me....

Then my wife got pregnant and I discovered BABY WIPES........ClapClapClapClap

It even removes tar off your bike!!  Cassettes clean with 3 wipes.  No problems.  No water.  No degreaser getting into the bearings blah...blah...

Try it!