Raleigh Chopper Mk2

Bionic man

Keep it stock or modernise the daylights out of it?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it stock or modernise the daylights out of it?

• Keep it stock
    • Feed it steroids
    • Do it with style (Yeah right)
    • Leave it as it is
    • send it to the crusher(not to be taken seriously)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not want to go down Chappies on that................  If you get a wobble......you are going to hospital

Hey Samma, no need to mock me, I know I am a bit overweight but really.........WinkLOL

I do not want to go down Chappies on that................  If you get a wobble......you are going to hospital

Hey Samma' date=' no need to mock me, I know I am a bit overweight but really.........WinkLOL
[/quote']

the front wheelEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedI meant the front wheel.........  sorry

So waht does it weigh......... smiley2.gif (typical hubber)

No but seriously, restore it too original, for me a classic restored beetle has way more class than a baja bug blinged out or not.

Guest Big H
Keep her standard with the exeception of a bit of bling in perhaps a cool gold chain and some bling kcnc skewers. LOL

Skewers??????....... Sussie.......... in die tyd toe die fiets al die seuntjies laat drool het was die enigste skewers die goed waar hulle hoennertjies op ge-skewer het om hulle te barbeque. In daai tyd het fietse NET solid asse gehad wat net boute vasgedraai het nog ook!!!!!!!

Restore it to standard. I picked a totally original one up in the Cape Ads a couple of years ago for R250 or 300 bucks, rode it around the block a few times and then it stood gathering dust and cobwebs. I sadly sold it for a grand a while later to buy a longboard. Still got the longboard....still loving it....but when it's trashed, I know the regrets about that Chopper will be back.  

I say pimp the hell out of it.

Those things were so dangerous they're not worth not being improved on.

I am not very creative with these things but Google Image "Pimp bike" and you'll see this is serious stuff.

I've always wanted to build a set of pimped up wheels for someone and since you offered to pay, I'l suggest a 114 spoke rear wheel matched to a 72-spoker in front. (Did I mention that I charge per spoke?)

Alternatively, I've always wanted to build a wheel with glass beads threaded onto the spokes. At low speed, the beads rattle away, at high speed they quieten down. When you come to a stop, they crackle and settle. I saw that in Amsterdam...the city's only pimped bike above all those dreary post office things they ride there.

Then, I'll put some decent brakes on there. I don't like the disk idea since it obscures my nice wheels. Canti's or V's.

Rear wheel should have a Nexus hub connected to the floor shift.

There is lots of real estate for creative painting on the frame, give Cycleart a fat budget and let them go.

Lights, bells and tassles go without saying but I'm also thinking a rigid MTB fork of the type that looks like a suspension fork - maybe for a 29er so that the font is lifted way up like a Californian chopper.

I say pimp the hell out of it.

Talk about putting a spanner in the works, been looking at the pimped examples.

I like the idea of been different but not over the top. All my bikes are one off/handbuilt/gemodified.

Wait for my 1960s BSAWink to be finished.

I like the idea of spokes, spokes and more spokesClap. Anyway, I am going to sleep on it for the next week. (working in Upington for the week anyway so cannot do anything till next weekend). Choices,Confused choicesConfused