*4th Update* Official Obox Design/Hub SA Kit

pererace70

and in terms of sizing? Who are they equivalent (or closest) to?

It's hard to say' date=' because the Medium bibs fit me 100% but the Medium top is a tad large for me, I'll have to wait till I sample a  small top.

Their bibs are regular, almost exactly the same sizing as my Elli and Keit kits. I think the Medium bibs are comparable to Small Anatomic bibs (well the pair I have at least)

Would it be possible to post some pics of the samples?

with some close ups?

Good suggestion, I'll see what I can do this evening, although the sample of the bibs is not exactly the same style as the ones in the example I posted here, the sizing is apparently exactly the same..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still looks boring really!

How about some colour, why Black and Pink?

Why not bright vibey colours and some design flair, to liven it up.

IMO it looks like you have just put the logos neatly on the kit. You should try and use a design device that pulls the logos into a design that livens it up and has a vibey feel about it, with some visual movement. Like a swirl graphic in 2 or 3 colours with the logos reversed out  of the colours.

Then I would be  maybe inclined to want to wear it.

I really would not want to wear something that just has logos on it.

My 2 cents worth.

I like the kit if you don't mind it appearing at the back of the field as well as at the front of the pack on exciting lead-outs; etc. etc.

Just remind me why I'd buy it and advertise OTC, Mirra etc if there's no subsidy involved?

I like the kit if you don't mind it appearing at the back of the field as well as at the front of the pack on exciting lead-outs; etc. etc.

Just remind me why I'd buy it and advertise OTC' date=' Mirra etc if there's no subsidy involved?
[/quote']

We don't mind where the kit appears, be it the last person to finish a race or the first (imagine that - ahhhh, dreams)

The idea is not to make a profit, but to

a. Wear our own brands when we train/race.

b. Offer a good looking kit for people to wear

If no one buys the kit that's fine, if people do it's a bonus. As I say, we won't make any profit on the kit, so it's pretty much subsidised I guess.

Still looks boring really!

How about some colour' date=' why Black and Pink?

Why not bright vibey colours and some design flair, to liven it up.

[/quote']

Pink is part of my company's colour as I said earlier in the post (http://www.obox-design.com/) plus Pink stands out very well.

I was going to use Dark Blue (also an Obox colour) but I didn't want the kit to resemble Velo Atlantico (even though I dig that kit - I wear it - I don't want people to get confused)

So since I couldn't use dark (almost Navy) blue; I chose Dark Grey (#333333 not black) because I'll use the kit on the mountain.

IMO it looks like you have just put the logos neatly on the kit. You

should try and use a design device that pulls the logos into a design

that livens it up and has a vibey feel about it' date=' with some visual

movement. Like a swirl graphic in 2 or 3 colours with the logos

reversed out  of the colours.

Then I would be  maybe inclined to want to wear it.

I really would not want to wear something that just has logos on it.

My 2 cents worth.[/quote']

Sorry mate, we're quite dissimilar.

I don't like over colourful kits, it doesn't look professional... Same

story with swirls, swishes, sideways logos or anything like that. As I

said earlier in the post, I want a clean, uncluttered, almost retro

look.

Why not drop the black.  Make it 2 colours the pink and the other colour, the black makes it look unfinished it is a dissonant element in the design.

Who is the title sponsor, the logos look very similar sizes, I would make the title sponsor the bigger element and the others smaller so they read more as a texture.

have a look at te current team jerseys of the Giro, they all have very clear title sponsors and the rest are a lot smaller. Makes for a more cohesive layout / design.

Why not drop the black.  Make it 2 colours the pink and the other colour' date=' the black makes it look unfinished it is a dissonant element in the design.

Who is the title sponsor, the logos look very similar sizes, I would make the title sponsor the bigger element and the others smaller so they read more as a texture.

have a look at te current team jerseys of the Giro, they all have very clear title sponsors and the rest are a lot smaller. Makes for a more cohesive layout / design.

[/quote']

From the Couch/Obox Design (me) and theHubSA (admin) are the main backers, hence the similar logo real-estate.

I'm quite fixed on the colours, other colours won't suit my brand (especially not Green!) especially the pink, it's here to stay. The only toss up is black or grey.

Just an update with regards to posting picture of the sample kit...

I  don't want to post example of the sample kit up because I'd  much rather post pictures of the kit when we have our samples sent to us; especially since the bib and jersey cuts will be different to the kit I've got here with me.

Soooo, we're trying a few different things, and I want to see what you all think...

They're all a bit rough, but the ideas are clear. Please give some critique.

20090515_061556_example1.gif

20090515_061642_example2.gif

20090515_061740_example2a.gif

20090515_061827_example3.gif

Like the third one from the top. stripe is nice but stick only with the pink the blue doesn't fit in

Like the third one from the top. stripe is nice but stick only with the pink the blue doesn't fit in

Thanks, yah we just threw in the blue to see how it looks, and might as well put it to the harsh critics (ie. Hubbers)

The second one gets my vote. I like the additional blue. You're going to print blue anyway for the "Mirra" logo so do something else with it.

I dsou not like se French...

http://www.solarpaces.org/Library/Legislation/flag-France.svg.jpg
Flemish Lion2009-05-15 06:37:14

I dsou not like se French...

http://www.solarpaces.org/Library/Legislation/flag-France.svg.jpg

He he, didn't even think about that...