G - Cannondale Prophet

Markus - Gold Shova

Steve - Diamondback SS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crow' date=' do you know if the x9 Rd on Mr RacerX is a rapid rise?

[/quote']

Can't remember. Probably.

What a great ride! Was cool to meet everyone and as BOS said, was cool to ride with some 'fast' guys!

Huge thank you to Crow for the lift home. I'm not sure I would've survived the ride back to Vredehoek!

I hope I can make it to Eden this weekend. Will have to see how things pan out.

Here's the pic of the Morewoods

20090518_061258_MW0001.jpg

What a great ride! Was cool to meet everyone and as BOS said' date=' was cool to ride with some 'fast' guys!

Huge thank you to Crow for the lift home. I'm not sure I would've survived the ride back to Vredehoek!

I hope I can make it to Eden this weekend. Will have to see how things pan out.

Here's the pic of the Morewoods
20090518_061258_MW0001.jpg
[/quote']

Check hoe trots lyk drew aan die linkerkant!LOL

On the way out we saw old Chris & Gina Nixon practising a corner just above the burm on DH course. Im still Damn impressed at the F*ckoff speed Chris came through that flat corner! no gloves or pads.

Jeezz I was actually startled by it. oh it had me going! I had a rush by just looking on and If I think back at that I still smile!Big%20smile

He was riding the new Morewood MAKULU! did I say It was fast and Impressive? and sounded like a effing avalanche! that bike is solid.

Minty, you and crow missed out on that!

We actually saw them on the way down. Chris was pushing the Makulu up the DH just above the berm and Gina was on the side of the trail further down the mountain.

As we got to the gate there was a bakkie going up shuttling a bunch of riders

Have to ride this weekend cause my wheels are going for a service on Mon. Spoke to Andre at Rush Sports this morning. He said Rock Shox's been experiencing problems with the rear maxle coming loose so they (Morewood) will replace it for me with a screw in axle. This will keep my rear bolted and sorted all the way down!

Shot for the pic.

Nice one lads, always good to chase them fast riders.

Hopefully see you on the weekend, have a hockey match on sunday though Cry

Crow....that loose axle wasn't slowing you down much, eh!

MoreTrails....in response to your question on the other thread, the pic above is the only one I took.

Oh....and hockey is ghey

Crow....that loose axle wasn't slowing you down much' date=' eh! Only on the climbs.... smiley3.gif

MoreTrails....in response to your question on the other thread, the pic above is the only one I took.We'll have to wait for Bos to work out the posting thing...

Oh....and hockey is ghey Bwahahaha smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

[/quote']

He he. Slow on the climbs is all me! 103%. And nobody can take that away from me! Just kidding. Project fitness started last night with a slow jog...man, I hate running!

Problem is, when you're this unfit you don't really pedal on the way down and there are some sections that can do with a sprint effort. Anyway, the journey continues.

We can do Eden on...I can do Eden Sat afternoon or Sunday morning. Probably do both. I'll start a Group Ride thread.

What a great ride! Was cool to meet everyone and as BOS said' date=' was cool to ride with some 'fast' guys!Huge thank you to Crow for the lift home. I'm not sure I would've survived the ride back to Vredehoek!I hope I can make it to Eden this weekend. Will have to see how things pan out.Here's the pic of the Morewoods20090518_061258_MW0001.jpg[/quote']

?

Check hoe trots lyk drew aan die linkerkant!LOL

Bos, I think that's still leftover stoke from surviving that stoopid landing 5 minutes before...

Crow....that loose axle wasn't slowing you down much' date=' eh! Only on the climbs.... smiley3.gif

MoreTrails....in response to your question on the other thread, the pic above is the only one I took.We'll have to wait for Bos to work out the posting thing...

Oh....and hockey is ghey Bwahahaha smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

[/quote']

Hockey is one of those few contact sports that they give you a weapon...makes it a little more, well, interesting.... If you don't believe me you are more than welcome to don the keepers kit and stand in the goals and see for yourself...Big%20smile

If sunday is the ride, then I am out. Markus is also out as he is going to the Southern cape, and he has a front wheel that's in its chops...

Sheesh, probably a good thing I couldn't join you guys...

Would've been a slowpoke on my XC rig!

Sounds like fun Smile