Big Red has arrived

Hairy

Hi all

Big Red has finally arrived.... the naming is self explanatory.

Following a warranty claim I have received a 2008 Scott MC frame for my deceased 2005 Scott RC frame.

RC = 90mm rear travel

Mc = 130mm rear travel

So now I have more squish on the bike, both front and rear to the previous bike and the workmanship and paint job on the frame is really good!

For the weight weenies. Now that I have 140mm up front and 130mm at the back the whole bike is only +- 120g heavier than the old 2005 model :)

Thanks to Pieter from Pro-bike with his assistance ... it was a pleasure dealing with them!

Regards

Hairy20090514_233426_IMG_5277.JPG20090514_233438_IMG_5288.JPG20090514_233451_IMG_5287.JPG20090514_233505_IMG_5281.JPG20090514_233530_IMG_5285.JPG20090514_233606_IMG_5280.JPG

We have ridden together before "legpower" and we both know you don't have the legs to ride a Scott   smiley17.gif

But I dont want to ride scottt.....its so gay.....besides I have unlimited sports passes...you dont.....wahahahahaha

Looks nice Hairy. But I would suggest you get the BBB, or other make, rubber cable wraps that you put on the cable housing so that you do not need to use that gastly insulation tape on the frame. Make sure you get the right size seeing that shifter cable are 4mm and brake hoses are 5mm.

Thanks Mampara.

The tape is actually reflective tape and not insulation tape.

These pics were taken the day following the build-up which lasted into the night (I received the frame the day before)so it is still a work in progress that will be fine tuned over the next few months.

I will look out for the cable wraps!

H

YOu need to get that reflective tape off asap. When it hardens you will not get it off and when you try it will just come of in little bits. Use a hairdryer to warm it up before you remove it.

YOu need to get that reflective tape off asap. When it hardens you will not get it off and when you try it will just come of in little bits. Use a hairdryer to warm it up before you remove it.
smiley3.gif smiley3.gif the tape is coming off when I get home.... hell let me rather call the wife now already smiley9.gif