XT or X9

ngala24

How do the compare, only ever ridden Shimano so need some help.

Is X9 on a par with XT ?

Is Xt a little better ?

the same stuff. It's just the shifting mechanism that is different. I did not like Sram because of how the paddles are layed out. I like the downshift (easier gear) with my thump and upshift (heaver gear) with my forefinger.

In the ranges they are at the same position - second in line (is that the same as to say that no matter what they do, they will always be second best?).

I like personally SRAM because of the 1:1 actuation ratio, so the index error with mud and dust etc is less.

But in the end it really is personal preference I guess.

I will recomentd the one that starts with a 'X'.

Basically the same, more ergonomic choice than a technical one.

MBUK had a shootout a while ago. XT took it. It was based on performance of the whole drivetrain. value and weight.

In the ranges they are at the same position - second in line (is that the same as to say that no matter what they do' date=' they will always be second best?).

I like personally SRAM because of the 1:1 actuation ratio, so the index error with mud and dust etc is less.

But in the end it really is personal preference I guess.[/quote']

You had me for a moment, but In hindsight, the deraileur still has to move the same distance, ecxept perhaps that the leverage ratio of the cablepull to the moving parts of the deraileur is more on shimano, and that in mind might meen that stuff like cable friction/mud have less impack on shifts as the pull will be "harder".. oh sheesh its a bit tech to try and work it out in my head...

havnt thought of that though...Im also In the market. want to do the whole upgrade, well shifters and rear deraileur.Wink

And have thought of doung a change just for the hell of it, it would be to x9. But then I read the MBUK article again and decided to go against it. out of all groupsets they rated XT best value: performance out of the lot.

And they have mud up there!

X9 to me is better' date=' much better and sharper shifting. Xt you need to adjust more often[/quote']

you need to change your mechanic. Mine was installed this time last year and I have not touched it again. I t was soo freeky that I did not even adjust it after installation.