Things I HATE abouth MTB singletrack...

The expat cyclist

I am a bit of a weight weenie ' date=' it's only 15kg . Anyway ladies and Dirt*girl my mom say I must stop talking sh*t and go to bed .[/quote']

LOL

Sweet dreams!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pls indicate the message were i said i was good. all i said is cross county is sh*t

...well if you're not good at DH..it must be pretty sh*t for you too..no?Confused

Pls indicate the message were i said i was good. all i said is cross county is sh*t

...well if you're not good at DH..it must be pretty sh*t for you too..no?Confused

Well, I am not half bad - if I add up my race positions and devide it by the number of races, I average a 9th pace in every race. Big%20smile

You didn't need to say it directly, but you implied it by trying to downgrade XC riding/riders. Sure, it's your opinion, but it's not attractive. We all know DH riding is uber cool and wish we could descend with such speed and skill. DH riders are actually more easy going, friendly, accepting and accessible than the riders in every other bicycle racing discipline (trust me, I know); but you just began muddying that up with some barbed jibes... Maybe you just had a bad day today.

I would love to kick your ass In my gay lycra tights and funny xc helmet.  Often the "freeriders"  stop and pull out the way when we come down the trail cause xc bikes(any bike for that matter) flying down a mountain sounds like THUNDER. Also, I take it you who call us sh*t, do all the burly jumps and drops on the course right?? ok, now come do it on my bike then we see who is really skilled.Wink

You obviously stay in a "older" part of town cause the days where xc riders couldent desend are over buddy.

PS. You wouldnt happen to know a guy called BUSTHESICKNESS ?

Be nice to the people buddy, you will be under the bridge in no time If you carry on like this.

ClapClapClapClapClap

Be nice to the people buddy' date=' you will be under the bridge in no time If you carry on like this.
[/quote']

Is it *that* bridge we're talking about? Wink

Oh, and rampage, Bos is quite right. There are plenty of us supposedly wimpy XC riders who'd whip many a big-bad-gnarly-xc-sucks-freerider quite embarrasingly. Not that there's anything wrong with DHing (or freeriding); Bos and I both raced it back in the day.

Have you ever seen Burry ride *really* technical singletrack? He'd kick most downhillers' asses.

Sean, I think you're right about downhillers, even though they seem intimidating, they usually are a nice bunch (as long as they're not the type mentioned above)!

When there's rocks the size of Hippos in and around the single track, like at Howick.. then straight after some of those rocks you have your trees that are a meter apart from each other.. which equals out to Fruitloop wiping out about 5 times along the race OuchOuchOuchOuchOuch, but I made sure my body took the damage instead of the bike..

Whats to hate about ANY single track' date=' or any ride for that matter!?!?[/quote']

Agreed.  If you HATE it, go do something else.  It's supposed to be a challenge otherwise whats the point..?

When there's rocks the size of Hippos in and around the single track' date=' like at Howick.. then straight after some of those rocks you have your trees that are a meter apart from each other.. which equals out to Fruitloop wiping out about 5 times along the race OuchOuchOuchOuchOuch, but I made sure my body took the damage instead of the bike..[/quote']

Spoken like a try mountain biker!!! Rather have the scrapes on the limbs not on the sweet shiny bike... besides - bones heal and chicks dig scars!!!

BOS, when we going to show them poser's up on the single track again???

When there's rocks the size of Hippos in and around the single track' date=' like at Howick.. then straight after some of those rocks you have your trees that are a meter apart from each other.. which equals out to Fruitloop wiping out about 5 times along the race OuchOuchOuchOuchOuch, but I made sure my body took the damage instead of the bike..[/quote']

Spoken like a try mountain biker!!! Rather have the scrapes on the limbs not on the sweet shiny bike... besides - bones heal and chicks dig scars!!!

BOS, when we going to show them poser's up on the single track again???

I had to take the fall, just got the bike on Friday so didn't want to give it it's battle scars just yet Big%20smile