2yr Old's Kids bikes, what are the options?

STEEL Niner

I also got a y-bike for my son.

Pitty he is 1 year old and cannot ride it yet.

We just got a Winnie the pooh ride on for my kids 1st birthday and he cried when we put him on it :-(  Not a good start....

Can wait to get the Y-Bike though as its KTM colours.  Means he can match his dad.

• 1 month later...

We currently sell Rennrad Balance bikes in New Zealand and Australia, and are looking at selling them in SA, you could possibly look at the NZ website for now - and we are making a trip to SA in Nov - Des, so we will bring some along for now to see what the interest is.

These are 14" and they convert into a pedal bike once the child is ready.

The inside leg measurement of the child should be 38cm to reach the ground.

They retail here for NZ$385, I will do some costings and see what we can do for SA.

Check out our website and let us know if you are interested.

www.rennrad.co.nz

www.rennrad.com.au

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

What did you pay for the specialized 12" balance bike?< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

I researched extensively and ended up bying a 12" dunlop bike from makro for around R500. It has steel wheels with proper tyres unlike these cheaper bikes with plastic wheels and foam tyres.

I went this route and it worked, My nephew loves his bike as yes he is 2. It comes with training wheels as well

JD bug by far the best I have bought.

I got one for my 4 year old.

I wish I got it when she was 2

They learn to balance really quickly!

Like the Rennrad ... pitty I only just saw it as my mom has just arrived from Australia this week. Will put it on my wish list with her for next year then

I was wondering what I was suppose to do with my 4yr old's training wheel bmx setup

Obviously someting like all these options

I'll know now what to do with my 2yr old

Remember those plastic BP scooters available from BP garages ? Totallly industructable...........or am I now showing my age !!