Shimano XT or Sram X9

johanbehrens

Shimano Shifting is not 1:1. SRAM shifts easier because of that. recently changed from Shimano to SRam shifters and Deraileur and will not change back. Luv SRAM. Found that when I went throug Mud Shimano shifting started to slip, No such problem with SRAM. Wonder if their Road stuff is that Good?

Been riding the XT for a few months now and its as smooth as silk!! Its also easier to adjust should the need arise.

I think both are bloody good. My girlfriend's bike has XT and I've got X9....i prefer X9, not because its better than XT, but because my previous X7 was simply awesome and bulletproof....my X9 has had no adjustment since its been fitted to the SuperSilverGoos.

The XT RD shifts really smoothly, much smoother than the X9, i think, and it is also alot quiter during operation. I don't think one can go wrong with any of the two. Both shift smooth, both are reliable, both shift on load, both are good in mud.

I have noticed that my X9 cleared the mud quicker and got back to proper shifting (non-slip shifting) quicker than the XT....but this is just my experience.

Oh yes, the XT shift is also easier on the thumb than the X9...but I'd still go for the SRAM stuff