Muldersdrift

GIRR

Hey guys

Just wanted to let everyone know about an incident in muldersdrift on Sunday.  I was riding alone and a taxi came along side me and the driver said to me "give me your bicycle", I just shook my head and he continued driving next to me for a few kilometers repeating "give me your bicycle".  He then drove a hundred meters in front of me and stopped.  The driver then got out and tried to stop me as i went past, I dodged him and carried on my way.  He didn't try to follow me after that.

I don't really know what to make of this but recommend people to be careful out there, stupidly I forgot to take down his numberplate.

jeez, dude, you were in too much of a hurry to get out of there to take down the number plate! glad you escaped!

Hectic - were you riding on your own?

?

he did say "i was riding alone"?

Oops, missed that. I guess this confirms that its not safe, ever and anywhere, to ride on your own these days. What a shame.

Where was this? On the dirt road past the quarrys that ends near the Police Station?

Must say, it's the first time I've heard of an incident like this there. Good thing nothing happened and you kept your cool.

?

Did you not get your 5 coffees this morning....?

Nope... and on top of it I am at home in bed sick - must have been the medication smiley29.gif

you still smarting that i corrected your spelling earlier?LOLwas just trying to help out?

dassie, i seem to remember a similar type incident involving a taxi mentioned, but can't remember if it was in the same area. seem to think it was though.   

Nope... and on top of it I am at home in bed sick - must have been the medication smiley29.gif

Wasn't talking to you smiley36.gif So I suppose the Fri ride helped you get today off hey? And HR not at all smiley1.gif I thank you! But in my deffence...."t" and "g" is a bit closer to each other than "e" and "u" smiley2.gif

Hey GIRR

Can you please tell us where exactly this happened? I cycle alone in the westrand quite frequently. So this is bit of a shock yet good information.

Wasn't talking to you smiley36.gif So I suppose the Fri ride helped you get today off hey? And HR not at all smiley1.gif I thank you! But in my deffence...."t" and "g" is a bit closer to each other than "e" and "u" smiley2.gif

in my defence, i don't use a qwerty keyboardLOL

Hey GIRR

Can you please tell us where exactly this happened? I cycle alone in the westrand quite frequently. So this is bit of a shock yet good information.

It was from the second circle towards beyers naude like you do on D2D.  I often ride there alone during the week aswell and have never had a problem or incident, so was a bit surprised.

was the taxi driver alone?

Yes, luckily, I would've gotten pretty nervous if he had a few friends with him.