You don't own the F%$&n road!!!!

thehermanator

Do not complain if you get sworn at, hooted at, or run over by a taxi or car for that matter when you do not obey the rules of the road. Angry

This morning at 5.45, two cyclists were riding next to each other on Victoria Road near Joburg Gen hospital, I had to change lanes to avoid them. And then they turned into Oxford Road going trough a red traffic light.

Come on guys, I am always aware of roadies, but hey your do not own the road and some of you are not playing this game fairly. Confused 
thehermanator2009-06-24 23:45:44

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said.

Never get yourself into a situation where you have an argument with a car.  Even when you are right, you are still dead.

For those that are unaware...............the lights operate by means of an inductive loop which means that your carbon or alu frame will not be picked up. The only way that the lights will change for you is if a car changes it for you.

noticed the exact same thing his morning travelling down Hans Strijdom through Garsfontein PTA. No lights, pitch dark & 3 roadies. Hans Strijdom is extremely busy & they riding 3 abreast with no room left for me as i was in the slow lane & there was a car next to me so i had to slow down to about 25km/h so the 1 turns around & gives me the upyours for no apparent reason as i didnt hoot & kept a fair distance behind them. All i wanna say is - Youre a damn rude pig & your a bunch of fools seeing as though its pitch dark & you do not have lights on & then still have the audacity to zap me when youre riding 3 abreast in peak hour traffic. i hope you read my post. & dont complain when you get knocked off your bike cause all youre doing is acting like a poephol & making your name totie. I laughed at you by the way. You looked quite comical, even the girl in the corsa next to me laughed at you, what a fool you are !!

edited:

& clearly you do not take head of rules of the road - single file boetie, in case you didnt notice doing what you did this morning is an invitation for a taxi to knock you off - who knows maybe youre asking for it !!
BumpNgrind2009-06-24 23:52:13

Not all trafic lights are induction coil activated.

I do take your point and in fact some traffic lights are activated in this way, but for the most part traffic lights work on a timer. Just think about this when next you wait at a set of lights in your car wondering why you are waiting when there are no cars crossing.

I bet you we would pick up less flak if we actually STOPPED at a red light and then went through after making sure that there are no cars.

Not saying that is the preffered way, just another.

Not all trafic lights are induction coil activated.

I do take your point and in fact some traffic lights are activated in this way' date=' but for the most part traffic lights work on a timer. Just think about this when next you wait at a set of lights in your car wondering why you are waiting when there are no cars crossing.

I bet you we would pick up less flak if we actually STOPPED at a red light and then went through after making sure that there are no cars.

Not saying that is the preffered way, just another.
[/quote'] You are correct and I do stop at the red to check although it is rare that I am on the black stuff, but whe I am I also check to see if a loop has been installed, and if not I wait. Most municipalities are installing the loops as it prevents a buildup of traffic. I think it comes down to a bit of common sense and a bit of education and lots of tolerance. I solved the problem for myself..........I ride my MTB in the dirt. Big%20smile

Probably not, or they are so arrogant they are too busy planning how they can piss others off when they go riding tomorrow.
Big%20smile

I have an idea that ALL guilty cyclists don't even log onto The Hub

Oh they're here alright! They are just clever enough to keep a low profile when they are obviously in the wrong. I must say, I have little to no respect for roadies, purely based on a small number of jackasses who think they are God's gift to the planet purely because they have mastered a skill most 3 year olds possess.

Oh they're here alright! They are just clever enough to keep a low profile when they are obviously in the wrong. I must say' date=' I have little to no respect for roadies, purely based on a small number of jackasses who think they are God's gift to the planet purely because they have mastered a skill most 3 year olds possess.
[/quote'] LOLLOLLOL

...all youre doing is acting like a poephol & making your name totie...

LOL

Obviously!

Oh they're here alright! They are just clever enough to keep a low profile when they are obviously in the wrong. I must say' date=' I have little to no respect for roadies, purely based on a small number of jackasses who think they are God's gift to the planet purely because they have mastered a skill most 3 year olds possess.
[/quote']

OUCH!

Does this hold true then that all men are pigs (because of a few), women are golddiggers (there are some) and politicians are crooked (ok, now I'm streching it a bit far).

Even though you might have little to no respect for me, I still have feelings.  I will swallow an Elastoplast to heal the hurt which is insidesmiley2.gif

...Even though you might have little to no respect for me' date=' I still have feelings.  I will swallow an Elastoplast to heal the hurt which is insidesmiley2.gif[/quote']

LOL

I am enjoying this thread!

People, why not just look at the safety aspect, if it endangers YOUR life then speak up, when someone else is endangering their life it is their business.

You can not tell me that you the driver of a car have NEVER done something wrong.

I am really sick of people moaning about cyclist on the road...I do not stop at Red traffic lights and I ride the way I feel SAFE...

Motorist do not OWN the ROAD either!!!

Does this hold true then that all men are pigs (because of a few)' date=' women are golddiggers (there are some) and politicians are crooked (ok, now I'm streching it a bit far).

[/quote']

I have never been involved with a gold digging woman, can confirm that all men are pigs (some, like me, are just domesticated) and believe that it takes a special kind of crook to become a successful politician.

If you don't like being included in the generalisation, do something to change the general perception. Next time you're out riding and you see other roadies doing this sort of thing, put them in their place. If you don't act, you're as guilty.

Point taken Vuilgoed.

All generalisations are false (which includes this one by the way)

I am trying to change the perception here with you. I will say something when I am out on the road and I see a sin being committed. Will you please not think the ALL Roadies are God's gift to the planet?

If you see me on the road, will you miss me?