You don't own the F%$&n road!!!!

thehermanator

Two days ago someone called in to complain about cyclist jumping the light and 5:05 in PE. Now my question is, can I call in to complain about the cars jumping the red light at that time that we have seen before? Or what about the runners that we saw the other day running 5 accross in marine drive over both lanes with not even a single light or reflector on them?

Unfortunately cyclist are easy targets and people just like to complain.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People' date=' why not just look at the safety aspect, if it endangers YOUR life then speak up, when someone else is endangering their life it is their business.

You can not tell me that you the driver of a car have NEVER done something wrong.

I am really sick of people moaning about cyclist on the road...I do not stop at Red traffic lights and I ride the way I feel SAFE...

Motorist do not OWN the ROAD either!!![/quote']

Cliffy you are sadly mistaken here. As a road user I do a lot of thing wrong but mostly these are 'mistakes' meaning I did it and then have a oops moment. Riding 2, or more, abreast is not a oopsie and it does endanger my life since I have to take evasive action to spare your life. I use to be a roadie for many, many years and I understand the need to leave a gap to the pavement but riding abreast is just plain looking for sh*t and it will eventually find you. unfortunately you do have motorists on the road that feel the road belong to them and they WILL take you on and you WILL loose. Right or wrong that is a fact. At least your mom can stand next to your coffin and say 'he was right'. Don't be a fool man, it hurts.

People' date=' why not just look at the safety aspect, if it endangers YOUR life then speak up, when someone else is endangering their life it is their business.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard! If someone endangers his life, he is automatically endangering others. If these idiots get themselves killed or maimed, the whole world goes up in arms about the poor cyclist who was out training and got hit by an idiot driver, whom everybody immediatly assumes was either drunk or had malicious intent, when infact the cyclist probably had an attitude like yours. The poor motorist has to live with the consequences of the idiot cyclist's actions.

Also, motorists do own the road. A very large portion of the tax paid on fuel goes to the road maintenance fund, which in my opinion gives them right of way. 

If you see me on the road' date=' will you miss me?
[/quote']

Only if you see me coming... Wink

Vuilgoed, do I have to go and find the Road Traffic Ordinance and prove to you that Cyclists are seen as valid road users?

Motorists THINK they own the road. I THINK that women find me irresistible. Fact has got nothing to do with what you THINK.

I don?t like to complain, but you hear regular horror stories of cyclist being attacked by raging taxi drivers or even run over by cars. If you behave badly; and this morning I feel they acted like arrogant schmucks  then you must be able to own up and take the responsibility of being singled out. If I do not obey the traffic rules and a Metro Cop gives me a ticket then I take the responsibility and pay the fine? so should everyone else disregarding the rules of the road.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Come on ? what these guys did was not fair, now their actions are being justified and defended? I am a cyclist myself and am always aware of what is happening around me, I always slow down when I see roadies and make sure that they are safe as well. But it does not denote that they can disregard others and do whatever they want.

thehermanator2009-06-25 00:55:01

I never said cyclists don't belong on the road. They should just know their place. Cars are hard and fast and cyclists are soft and squishy. In a tangle, which one would you like to be?

If there is a big shoulder there is nothing wrong with riding two abreast.  IF not ride single file.  It's simple use your comon sence, people in cars and on bikes behave like idiots but if i run a red light i can't kill somebody with my bike if i ride into them. 

Cyclists don't own the road and cars don't either. So chill out and just use comon sence and be responsible.

thehermanator I am with you 100%. That/those guys are ars3halves (it would take 2 to make an ars3whole).

Vuilgoed, check my previous postings in this thread - I am with you 100% as well (hang on that makes 200% - luckily  am Schizo). "Even when you are right, you are dead"

I believe as cyclists (meaning us bloody roadies) it is up to us to change the perception. These mullets this morning do absoluteley nothing to further MY cause (being safe, staying alive and not getting squished).

It is the mullets that have got my back up.

You can not tell me that you the driver of a car have NEVER done something wrong.

I am really sick of people moaning about cyclist on the road...I do not stop at Red traffic lights and I ride the way I feel SAFE...

Two wrongs does not make things right!!

What you perceive as 'Safe' might look 'dangerous' to motorists AND vice-versa!!

Cyclists & Motorists do NOT own the road. However, we need to respect each other and obey the rules of the road!!

DO THE RIGHT THING!!!

Captain Slow2009-06-25 01:10:25

Do you lot also complain about taxi's, if so please post the url as I want to have a laugh...Ohh and where do you go to moan about the runners, crossing on a RED man? And then there are the pedestrians, walking in the road drunk and endangering lives.....come on.

Look after yourself and keep your nose clean and whole world will be a better place.

Sigh.......The Hub.......the place where cyclist complain constantly about other cyclists behavior.............Dead

Guys, I promise you you'll have a better day if you stop getting angry at other road users. I made myself a promise a while back, I will not get angry anymore at taxi drivers, black (or white for that matter) mamma's in their SUV's, boy racers in their Subaru's/GTI's/BMW's. Or any other idiot that behaves like one. And I'm much better off for it, as long as they dont crash into me they can do what they want.

What does it help if you scream and shout at someone that doesnt give a **** anyhow. All you're doing is raising your own blood pressure and then your wife/PA/workers have to deal with your moodyness.

If you really want to sort them out, go work for the Metro Police, that way your bribe money can fund your little bicycle upgrade obsession

ok here is the thing cycling is my job as in i ride so that one day i can comfortably say that i dont have to walk into an office and have to moan about why i am there

so by saying that i must do all my training with my buddies in single file is absurd!!!! not only do i ride two abreast for a good reason being that a motorist can see two cyclists easier than a row of single file cyclists but if we had to all ride single file all the time there would be a lot more punctures for us because we are then forced into the guter by trucks and motorists alike

yes i dont agree with riding 3 or 4 abreast but logic and road rules state that cyclists can ride up to 1.5 metres into the road which is a safe and yet also dangerous place at the same time

now all of you are going to nail me for this but it is the same as every other complaint riding without a helmet riding through red robots it is a complaint that will always happen to come up so live with it and lets just all be friends

oh ya generalisations are not exactly good for cycling as a community i think we should all just rather try to get along weather we are roadies mtbers trackies and trail riders because at the end of the day we all do this for the same reason TO ENJOY OURSELVES!!! and if you have to moan the whole time you even think about a bicycle then i know for a fact you are not enjoying yourself

cheers rant over i going to ride!!! (two abreast!!)

Turtlek, i agree. Same position for me. I have often thaught when we have a vehicle behind us it's better to ride in a tight little group than a lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng single file so when a car pass us he can pass and thats it but when 30 people ride single file or two abreast there are much more chance of something going wrong. ONLY WITH A FOLLOWING VEHICLE THOUGH DO WE RIDE MORE THAN 2 ABREAST!

.... but if i run a red light i can't kill somebody with my bike if i ride into them. 

Unfortunately the idiot that swerved to avoid you ran into the 14 year old innocent girl riding her scooter. After winning the 100m in her age group last year she now walks with a limp. Lucky you Clap