Cannondale Synapse

Prince

CAADman, I rode the 2005 6/13 then rode the SYNAPS for a while. The difference is that the Synaps is a comfort bike in racing terms. It is a bit sluggish when you want it to sprint. If you are looking for a bike that you can do lots of good miles in comfort then go for the SYNAPS. The 6/13 is deffinately a performance bike for the hills and particularly the sprint.I have ridden the 2006 6/13 with a lot of pleasure and success ths season, not thinking of the SYSTEM 6 as I felt that I was not able to find HUGE differences or advantages over the 6/13..... but I am in the process of building up my new LIQUIGAS SYSTEM SIX. I just could not say NO when I saw the Mean Green Machine.The first one in SA. It is awesome, I cannot wait to put leg over... but must wait till next week as I have other commitments. The synaps is the only Cannondale not made in the USA.

PS the LIQUIGAS TEAM each have a SYSTEM SIX (some have the SIX/13 ) but they also each have a SYNAPS. They will be rideing the PARIS RUBAY on the 15th on the SYNAPS. This will be interesting, see how the vibration elimination will perform.

Wendell,it seems the sysnaps seems to be a VERY good option if you are looking for a comfort ride with reasonable race ability, and if the pro's are using it for Paris Roubaix, it certainly is worth a look. Thanks for the info

Will most probably be the Synaps Alloy.

That makes sense - mass still heavy for an alu frame, but it explains the price too. It still looks nice:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Full/11488.jpg