Most boring TdF?

Irishj9

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say it is rather boring, but that is the route fault.  There is no incentive for the GC guys to ?Race? if it isn?t a mountain top finish so they ?just? keep the breakaway in check. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You basically only have to watch the last 5km to see if the break away made it.  I ended up watching Discovery/BBC Knowledge etc on Sunday. If next year has the same type of route I will only switch on DSTV for the last two days. Disapprove

The Tourmalet is one of the most beautiful climbs in cycling and I can't believe they finished that stage on the valley floor 70km later... aren't mountain stages  supposed to finish at the top of mountains to separate the boys from the men?

I guess if you don't try something new you won't know if it works or not. Schleck almost got caught out by a puncture and that would have pissed me off. 

I think I must be watching a different race Confused

Probably are,..............let us know which one it is, cos the one I am watching,........ the "Le tour" is a complete yawner.!  

Porky just because the GC contenders didn't attack on yesterday's stage doesn't mean is boring. Cycling is not bang bang bang attack all the way up every climb in every stage, but I don't excpect you to understand that...Did you really expect any moves from them up the tourmalet with 70k to go after the climb?

Porky just because the GC contenders didn't attack on yesterday's stage doesn't mean is boring. Cycling is not bang bang bang attack all the way up every climb in every stage' date=' but I don't excpect you to understand that...Did you really expect any moves from them up the tourmalet with 70k to go after the climb?[/quote']

As long as you know what is going on dude.

Easy boys, we can't just blame the riders. A lot of blame should also go to the Tour organisers for planning and really wierd route. This tour will be won in the ITT and the climb to Mont Ventoux!

Porky just because the GC contenders didn't attack on yesterday's stage doesn't mean is boring. Cycling is not bang bang bang attack all the way up every climb in every stage' date=' but I don't excpect you to understand that...Did you really expect any moves from them up the tourmalet with 70k to go after the climb?[/quote']

Gee, that pearl of wisdom must have eluded me RC.!

Anyone who says that this is a boring TDF has absolutely zero grasp of the art and finesse that is bike racing.

ClapThumbs%20Up well said.

Some people just got sour grapes cause so far the headlines are not saying what they want to hear.

Probably are' date='..............let us know which one it is, cos the one I am watching,........ the "Le tour" is a complete yawner.!  
[/quote']

- Awesome individual timetrial by Cancellara

- Team Time Trial very technical with plenty crashes

- Leaders jersey decided by hundredths of a second

- 23 year old Cavendish showing incredible performance and maturity.

- Spinters team causes a split on a flat stage in the wind

- Contador and Armstrong trading blows for team leadership

- Breakaway stage wins.

- Green, polka, and yellow all changing hands and hotly contested.

Only the first week gone.

I dunno, I'm really enjoying it so far.

- Breakaway stage wins.

- Green' date=' polka, and yellow all changing hands and hotly contested.

[/quote']

Must agree!

Well said Bruce....

Clap

One of the most exciting tours I have seen' date=' but then I like 5 day cricket.

[/quote']

Same here. Patience is an important part of being a connoisseur. These days instant gratification is what everyone's become used to.

Instant gratification? Thats whats bothering me. A week into the Tour and I have to search my memory for a few lousy instants of gratification.

Where the hell is the resistance? Where are the attacks, the strategies, the plans?. Is there ANY evidence of a resistance to an Astana walkover?

Contador says in the rest day's press press conference that he was ordered not to attack on the Tourmalet, but to hold back. ( Ordered by Bruyneel, that is.

( Armstrong is getting on a  bit you see. He doesnt like those instant accellerations), keep it nice and steady and keep the field together. No awkward racing, you see.

We may get an instant of gratification on Mont Ventoux. I wouldnt hold my breath waiting though........

As I write this the highlights are being run on DSTV Ch205.

Wait a minute, the picture has paused for ten mins, I didnt even notice until now....another BOOOOOOORING stage for the sprinters.

Why not make it a 200metres stage? Same result

Irishj92009-07-14 14:08:45

Probably are' date='..............let us know which one it is, cos the one I am watching,........ the "Le tour" is a complete yawner.!  
[/quote']

- Breakaway stage wins.

- Green, polka, and yellow all changing hands and hotly contested.

I was annoyed by the rest day, no racing to watch.

Have to agree, I am really enjoying this Tour.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Wow, what a non-boring day LOL.  You could see by the way the riders were chatting with each other /hugging /showing of their tattoos that the GC "Autobus" was in serious racing mode. 

I wonder what will happen today ??..Wink 

Maybe a small breakaway with a Skill Shimano/ Cofidis/ Fracios/ Katushca/ Agritubal riders in them with the GC ?Autobus? keeping the time gap down.  The breakaway may be caught if the sprinter teams feel like it Ermm.

Repeat for the next couple of days.....Evil%20Smile