is it?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. is it?

• a great idea?
    • a terrible idea?
    • they should make the riders carry all their spares too
    • don't care really
    • the riders and teams shouldn't be allowed to dictate

1 ear piece per team should be allowed... and give it to the rider that can't communicate properly, a la broken telephone!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just read this on cyclingnew.com:

10:22 GMT

The word we are getting right now is that a compromise has been reached on the radio question. No radios will be used today, but they will be allowed on Friday.

just read this on cyclingnew.com:

10:22 GMT

The word we are getting right now is that a compromise has been reached on the radio question. No radios will be used today' date=' but they will be allowed on Friday.

[/quote']

Spoilsports!

I must admit' date=' with the earpieces one gets a feeling that the person in the car is telling his team what to do and when to do it. That just makes the cyclists pawns on a chess board. with that in mind i like the idea of no radios.

However, there are places for the radios with regards to punctures and falls etc.

I still think radios should be allowed by that cyclists can talk to each other and to the car but the car cannot communicate to the cyclists...

Don't know how you'd enforce that though???

Any ideas??

[/quote']

It is time that the cyclist realise that it is not all about them. I would like to see what the TV ratings are like for the stages without radio com's. I suspect that alot of people will be watching.

I would suggest that all radio communications be recorded and monitored. (like in F1) and if you want to, take it one step further and only allow 1 way com from rider to car to allow riders to request assistance if needed.

Another way to make it interesting is to broadcast the feeds (on a 2 minute time delay) so that the TV viewers can hear what the coms are about.

The must get Rassie Erasmus to drive out infront while sitting on the roof of the car and give team orders with coloured spotlights.

I buy what some have said about progress/F1/carbon and everything, but what about a return to old values? Tradition? I know that riding without radio linkage is hardly tradition, but why not try it out? What harm can it actually do?

There is a dangerous corner on the course - so what did they do 30 years ago?

Doping has also increased it's technology - shall we allow that?

Let them ride "deaf" and let's see what happens.

I think the uci should introduce no helmet stages, and no brake stages, and random moronic nonsense like that as well then.

I think the uci should introduce no helmet stages' date=' and no brake stages, and random moronic nonsense like that as well then.

[/quote']

on fixies?

I think the uci should introduce no helmet stages' date=' and no brake stages, and random moronic nonsense like that as well then.

[/quote']

on fixies?

yeah... what the hell... Also, why not go back to the pre war era, and make the riders carry their own spare tubbies as well?

So they dont have radios its looking interesting

are you watching a different race? so far today's stage looks like running off exactly to formula for the sprinters teams...

[/quote']

on fixies?

Dont have to be that harsh, ,  can give them the flip flop wheelEvil%20Smile