is it?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. is it?

• a great idea?
    • a terrible idea?
    • they should make the riders carry all their spares too
    • don't care really
    • the riders and teams shouldn't be allowed to dictate

Its all a plot to prevent Astana and in particular LA from doing well.

How do we know it is not LA's plot to attack and no one from the team or the team car can tell him what to do??? Just a thought.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Banning radio is going backwards .. this is PRO CYCLING (the Worlds best) ... this is becoming like Formula 1 .. if 1 team see benefit on technology and dominate the field; the easiest is to restrict them ....

if it was for the whole tour, i'd agree. i guess it's kinda like when the uci changed the rules for the hour record, etc.

Its all a plot to prevent Astana and in particular LA from doing well.

How do we know it is not LA's plot to attack and no one from the team or the team car can tell him what to do??? Just a thought.

Gotta love conspiracy theories Big%20smile

WW, I support your view of one-way communication and think it is a great idea. That, imho, will be better than no communication at all!

I think there might be a rider protest at the start today... Anyway, whatever happens, it's Bastille Day, so expect a lot of Frenchmen to attack. Alles! Alles!

I think there might be a rider protest at the start today... Anyway' date=' whatever happens, it's Bastille Day, so expect a lot of Frenchmen to attack. Alles! Alles!

[/quote']

14 teams participate in a sit-in, while the others disappear down the road!

Seems a bit daft to experiment with the new rule in the TdF. Why not try it out during a 1-day race rather...928SL2009-07-14 01:07:50

I dont know what the reasons are for the ban, but I see it as being pretty pointless.

With no radios, they will probably be needing more team cars to look after all the riders?

Sure they will be using cellphones now!Wink Untill that is banned.

In my eyes the UCI makes a lot of the decisions that doesnt make sense and is just to show that they are in power. . G Obre's Riding postions banned, certain frame designs banned, TT position, aero bar dimensions etc.

Matchstix2009-07-14 01:24:25

There are good reasons as listed by HR 1st post why not to ban them.

IMO perhaps they should allow riders radios so they can talk to each other only, but not to the DS or team car.

I hope that the teams dont protest this ruling by not racing, imagine Cannotfindish will get a free ride to another sprint victory...

It's just an attempt by the French to secure a win for some Frenchman in the breakaway on Bastille Day, pathetic!!!

I dont know what the reasons are for the ban' date=' but I see it as being pretty pointless.

With no radios, they will probably be needing more team cars to look after all the riders?

Sure they will be using cellphones now!Wink?Untill that is banned.

[/quote']

MXIT? smiley36.gif

I dont know what the reasons are for the ban' date=' but I see it as being pretty pointless.

Sure they will be using cellphones now!Wink Untill that is banned.

[/quote']

MXIT? smiley36.gif

lance's moaning about this is another part of le beeeeeeg bluff?why do you think he was so twitter-happy in the run-up to the tour?Wink

I would like to see them test this on one of the mountain stages,stage 17 would be perfect...not a mountain top finish.Anything can happen on a stage like this...

But the team cars would have to rely a lot on feedback from the race ref to let them know about a crash and the riders involved.http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2009/07/14/2/gr177476copy_600.jpg

Guest colonel

I dont care as long as they decide to actually race in the mountains instead of doing whatever they are doing.