Which Fork (Help)???

smallrebel

I think Cycles Africa are the Manitou Dealers? Take one of the RS variants, damn fine suspension, and the dudes are cool to deal with at the importers if you have any issues, they spend alotta dosh sending there boys overseas to get trained on the new platforms.

Guest Big H

Over 100kg use a suspension fork with a steel steerer. Heavier than that using an alloy steerer you will put yourself at risk. Marzocchi makes them.

Marzocchi MX Comp Air 2006

2076.92 ZAR

Marzocchi All Mountain 3 2007

3054.35 ZAR

Two examples from www.chainreactioncycles.com

TitusTi, you are right, Cycles Africa is the Manitou dealers. Think the guys who are doing Kona bikes are the Marzocchi agents in SA. Think they are from Cape Town if not mistaken.

2 - Manitou make a great shock - As far as I understand though' date=' the representation in the country is really shocking (pun unintended) so if something goes wrong you might get frustrated.
[/quote']

I have only have good things to say about the Manitou agents, and I wouldn't buy any other brand just because of how good they have been to me. They are also agents for Magura and they rebuilt my non-functioning disc brakes the night before the first stage of the Cape Epic 2 years ago. They certainly didn't have to, and they went out of their way to assist.

niterider2007-04-11 00:16:10

TitusTi' date=' you are right, Cycles Africa is the Manitou dealers. Think the guys who are doing Kona bikes are the Marzocchi agents in SA. Think they are from Cape Town if not mistaken.[/quote']

Correct - Steve from Bike Asylum is the importer - http://www.bikeasylum.com/

The Shox will have to support this man( woolie mammoth...):Wink

20070411_011031_john.jpg

....before the ride....

20070411_011148_spokes.jpg

...after 6k's be broke his DT Swiss Spokes...

20070411_011228_rim.jpg

...cracked his DT Swiss Rim and spilled his Stans!!!..

20070411_011317_bike1.jpg

20070411_011339_bike2.jpg

and if the Fork was any good this would not have happend.Dead