CRC- Royal Mail vs Parcelforce

orbeaorca

rodti: of late, it's become very frustrating to get hold of customs at capemail. i often leave the phone ringnging on speakerphone for over an hour. and then when it does go thru, they/someone puts me on hold. but i wait. i've got nothing better to do of late than to just wait.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rodti: of late, it's become very frustrating to get hold of customs at capemail. i often leave the phone ringnging on speakerphone for over an hour. and then when it does go thru, they/someone puts me on hold. but i wait. i've got nothing better to do of late than to just wait.

A.W.E.S.O.M.E. <_<

I'm generally quite good a queues - so let's see how this goes...

Oooo boy.

Apologies for making my problems all of yours :rolleyes:

Just spoke to a lady at Capemail.

With no tracking number - all she can do is do a check under my Surname.

Which she did - nothing.

Told her it was posted on 7 September.

She says it normally takes between 10-12 days - so it should've been logged by now.

I ask her if it might still be at the JHB office.

She says nope - they would'nt have logged anything - but simply seen the address as being a WC one, and forwarded it along to the Cape Town office, where it would then have been logged for the first time...

So I ask her - is it lost then?

She says: "With my surname - it's quite possible that someone might have entered the name incorrectly on the system, and then it would'nt be picked up..."

[stunned silence on my side]... :blink:

End result - wait it out for a bit longer:

1.) If it was logged under the incorrect surname, and no customs duties were owing - it would be forwarded along to the SAPO - I must simply keep checking

VS

2.) If it was logged under the incorrect surname, and customs duties are owing - I will eventually recieve notification in the mail - and then I can take it further...

Joy.

Think I'm going to try one of the other extensions - and should I get through to someone else - have another go - maybe I'll get lucky!

[ha ha]

royal mail option used to have a tracking number and only found out they it didnt after I ordered a thomson post and cane creek headset in december last year, took 2 weeks for the slip to arrive in my post box......

that being said I have a little parcelforce parcel on its way, hope its a quick one......

rodti save yourself the heartache phone CRC ask them to resend using parcelforce and pay in the difference if you need too. Chasing anything at our customs offices is just going to raise your blood pressure and cause you to self mediate.

Oh my shattered nerves.

Yesterday, CRC kindly agreed to resend the package.

Today, I'm informed that they are out of stock.

26 October for rear brakes - early November for the front... :(

Refund it is then...

Joy.

I think my order from Evans Cycles (royal mail) also went lost because its already been 20 days :(

Let us know if it happens to make an appearance!

hahaha! I hope the CRC haters don't see this thread... they'll have a field day with us! hahaha!

(I still love CRC!)

Love CRC jus hate their distrobution system :blink: I have a plan B, going to the UK next week, going to order to my hearts content and have them deliver free locally to my hotel room :D

so far so good.......

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event

01-10-2010 14:20 JO'BURG INT MAIL CENTRE EMS On route to delivery depot

01-10-2010 11:55 JO'BURG INT MAIL CENTRE EMS Arrived in destination country

30-09-2010 11:27 Heathrow Airport

30-09-2010 07:13 Heathrow Airport Arrived at outward airport

30-09-2010 01:56 International Hub Left origin country

29-09-2010 19:56 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange

29-09-2010 11:26 National Hub Sorted in hub

28-09-2010 13:13 Belfast Central Depot On route to hub

28-09-2010 00:00 WDM Online