MTB Riding "Club" CT Northern Suburbs

scuzzy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very interested to join your weekend riding group.  I live in Stellenbosch but quite close to the Bottelary Road' date=' so no problem to join meet up from where ever you're cycling from.  Am a novice MTB'er and would like to learn how to be a better rider, so patience might be required.  Please let me know if your riding group takes off.....[/quote']

Go Granny!!!!!

www.grannygear.co.za, great bunch of people!!!!

I can easily recommend the following mtb club.Star

The Tygerberg mtb-club. Contact the secretary - Adrian Winsor on :

They are a great bunch of guys who are willing to help.

Good luck and keep us updated!

You know it's tough going if you have to push your bike downhill!!!  It was a 15km loop so you kind of new what lied ahead the second time around....wasn't easier!  I seriously need some technical training, I fell so many times, my hands are aching because of too much braking - but I'm glad I finished, didn't feel like it at the time!  Pushed more than cycled, some serious, serious uphills!

How did your ride go?

At least you finished and that says you have enough guts for this sport well done.My ride went well mostly uphill but on road very happy with myself just a little stiff this morning

Thanks!  Not sure if it was guts or stupidity haha!  Glad you enjoyed your ride as well! 

Hey - trust me - lots of guts!! I'm also new to mtb (actually cycling!) and I did a 15km mtb as a first off-road experience. Then did a ladies mtb skills course at Dirtopia. At least got some insight there.  Helped a lot.

Now for the next step this weekend: 45km mtb. This might qualify as stupidity!Confused   That's the only times I have ever rode off-road. Isn't it just fun! Despite all the bruises - I look like I've been in an accident after every ride! - I love itTongue

Where you riding?  Good luck, 45km is quite something!  Thanks for the Dirtopia tip, they're just down the road from we so will give them a call

what do you guys reckon should you take a rest day after a long ride or maybe just a short ride to get rid of the stifness

ZIPPO, a relaxing ride is always good, but give yourself some time to rest as well, if you gonna ride every day this week, maybe a rest day is not such a bad idea.

Hi, are there any beginner groups that ride from Bottelary rd on Saturday mornings?  Trying to balance the curch/cycling problem on Sunday mornings.

Where you riding?  Good luck' date=' 45km is quite something!  Thanks for the Dirtopia tip, they're just down the road from we so will give them a call[/quote']

Riding the Agri Harold event - organized by Oudtshoorn bicycles.  Harold is in the Langkloof. There are road and mtb options. Mtb 18km, 45km and 68km. Let me know if you want more info.