MTB Riding "Club" CT Northern Suburbs

scuzzy

Good day guys & gals

I was thinking this morning if there is any value in entertaining setting up some kind of a formal riding group in the Cape Town, Northern suburbs.  Something where we can send out a mail on a Thursday/Friday about weekend rides, or maybe meet up before weekend races, or even cater for both.

Don't know about you guys, but I cycle alone a lot and it's kind of getting boring and it will be really nice to get all the lone rangers together and start doing these things, maybe it's a bit more difficult with MTB, seeing that we are looking for dirt, but we can look into it, and it will also give the opportunity to learn new routes.

I anybody would consider this, maybe just add to this post.

Happy weekend riding

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frail4Life

Dear Scuzzy

You do not say where in the WC, We City Cycling ride on Wednesday evenings. Leave at about 17h30 from Edgemead. Have a look at website, citycyclingclub.org  or give me call and I can pass your num. to the guys.

Why not join up on website,  you will get free access with weekly newsletters.

Cheers    

go read

www.grannygear.co.za

they ride as a group on saturday mornings only, start at the bottom of tygervalley / wooden bridgepopeye2009-08-07 00:46:40

I'm very interested to join your weekend riding group.  I live in Stellenbosch but quite close to the Bottelary Road, so no problem to join meet up from where ever you're cycling from.  Am a novice MTB'er and would like to learn how to be a better rider, so patience might be required.  Please let me know if your riding group takes off.....

Guest Frail4Life

As I said, guys and gals from Edgemead AREA ride on Wednesday evenings and weekends. Give me a sms or PM and I can either help with details or put you onto any of the riders. Also go to www.citycyclingclub.org , YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A MEMBER TO RIDE WITH ANY OF THE GROUP RIDES.   

Am also a novice and live in the Koelenhof area - please let me know if you hear of any MTB rides in your area? 

did my first 15km on the 1st of Aug and riding 30km on Sunday (De Grendel ride) - so anything from 20 to 30km's.  Have to work on technical stuff, riding first "single track" on Sunday - very nervous!  And you? Done a few rides so far?

Yes it sounds good,but how advanced are you guys i am only in my 4th week.I do about 7 kms. every dayEmbarrassedClap