Durbanville Area Roadies

dommisse

Dale I'm riding from Tokia over ou Kaapse to Noordhoek and then Chappies to the top of bossie and back. If I get there before you turn around I see you chaps and do a short stretch with you! If not, have a lekka ride ekse. Hope to finally catch up with you gents again!

Lekka to see you again, Tubehunter, and burn some rubber up Chappies together!

:thumbup:

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a group to ride with. my husband averages around 30k/ h and I am new to cycling and do about 22 k/h. Would love to join you on Sunday. Is there a slower group that I can ride with???

There is no slower group, Mickey Mouse.

:blush:

Hello. Can anyone join on sunday.

Does your fitness level match the training spec, Colin?

It won't be racing, but it will be a lekka pace and intensity.

:mellow:

Edited by ' Dale

A few of my DC team members might join us. Told them that it's not a race, but T.I.T.S.

Starting 08h30 at VA Greenpoint.

It was cool to meet Dirk, Stephan, Herman and Co, Wannabe.

Thanx for the introductions.

So, Zipp wheels do puncture, eh?

:w00t:

Rule # 5 applies.

No camelbacks.

No helmet peaks.

Shaved/ waxed legs only.

Sunglasses on your face or in helmet( applies to Oakleys, Rudys etc).

No saddlebags or pumps on bike.

Bibs compulsory.

Did I miss something?

Edited by MCipollini

Rule # 5 applies.

No camelbacks.

No helmet peaks.

Shaved/ waxed legs only.

Sunglasses on your face or in helmet( applies to Oakleys, Rudys etc).

No saddlebags scrotums or pumps on bike.

Bibs compulsory.

Did I miss something?

A lil' editing there, Bru.

:clap:

My bad. Looking forward to joining after fast. Just need to find my legs. Have'nt touched pedals or a saddle besides during a bike wash. Enjoy, hope the weather holds.

My bad. Looking forward to joining after fast. Just need to find my legs. Have'nt touched pedals or a saddle besides during a bike wash. Enjoy, hope the weather holds.

I saw Spat (Shaheen) on the road yesterday, Bru.

Some Muslim riders are spinning their legs just to keep some form and base.

Wish I was that lucky. Work is 12 hr shifts besides other commitments. Im relishing getting back in the saddle. Need to lose added baggage from samoosas, daltjies, boeber and koeksisters. Wife has been spoiling me at supper time.

'Dale.

Was nice rolling with you and the cousins again, pity it was so short though. Was it Leon we saw on our way out?

Yeah, seems that Zipps do puncture, and then it is a bitch to get the valve extension to "connect" properly. (or maybe it was operator error. :whistling: :devil: )

"My" DC team guys are nice. You would not say it, but Herman is a strong rider (almost like K). He pulled us up all the climbs, riding away without any trouble when he felt like it. I've got a bit of work to do. :blush:

Won't be able to join on Sunday, must be at Airport at 11h30.

Wish I was that lucky. Work is 12 hr shifts besides other commitments. Im relishing getting back in the saddle. Need to lose added baggage from samoosas, daltjies, boeber and koeksisters. Wife has been spoiling me at supper time.

Okay, man.

Koeksisters is a must. Love it, especially with the coconut flakes! Yum.

Samoosas will not do well for your power-weight ratio! :whistling:

'Dale.

Was nice rolling with you and the cousins again, pity it was so short though. Was it Leon we saw on our way out?

Yeah, seems that Zipps do puncture, and then it is a bitch to get the valve extension to "connect" properly. (or maybe it was operator error. :whistling: :devil: )

"My" DC team guys are nice. You would not say it, but Herman is a strong rider (almost like K). He pulled us up all the climbs, riding away without any trouble when he felt like it. I've got a bit of work to do. :blush:

Won't be able to join on Sunday, must be at Airport at 11h30.

Yeah, Leon came back as he started his ride at 06h00.

Herman whizzed up with me and Tubehunter up Chappies. So, for a big guy, he is pretty powerful on the ascents.

Looks like a lekka team.

Okay, man.

Koeksisters is a must. Love it, especially with the coconut flakes! Yum.

Samoosas will not do well for your power-weight ratio! :whistling:

What power to weight ratio? That does'nt count with my alu-Scott. I did fit a new carbon seatpost though. Lol!!! I promise to bring koeksisters with though on first ride.

Edited by MCipollini

Looking for a group to ride with. my husband averages around 30k/ h and I am new to cycling and do about 22 k/h. Would love to join you on Sunday. Is there a slower group that I can ride with???

Just keep an eye on this thread, there will be a few slower rides planned in the coming weeks.