Durbanville Area Roadies

dommisse

Durbanville Area Ride - Thurs Nov 26

Hi Guys

Two of us (so far) riding in the Durbanville area tomorrow morning.  Meet at 5:15 am corner of St Johns and Racecourse Rd. 

Route:  Out along Wellington Rd, turn R to go to Fisantekraal and then L  onto the Klipheuwel/Stellenbosch Rd and left again at the silos and back in to Durbanville along Wellington rd.

No excessive manliness will be tolerated - expected ave speed between 27 and 30km/h.

James

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mtbmom

Very likely a weekly event.  And also likely to ride the same route on Tuesday next week.  I'll post here when we plan riding.

This morning we averaged 27.5, and I expect that to creep up slowly as we get fitter.  (Or down if the wind blows!)

James

Hi mtbmom

Very likely a weekly event.  And also likely to ride the same route on Tuesday next week.  I'll post here when we plan riding.

This morning we averaged 27.5' date=' and I expect that to creep up slowly as we get fitter.  (Or down if the wind blows!)

James

[/quote']

How long is this route? Might be keen to join you although my fitness is not quite there yet.

The route is around 48km, that's measuring from the corner of Racecourse and St John's, and stopping the clock back on Racecourse, where I turn left onto whatever the road is called before Erica.

Riding tomorrow morning, that's December 1 (ho ho ho, you ho ho ho's!).

Depart 5:15 from corner of Racecourse and St John's to ride through Durbanville, out on Wellington Rd, turning right to go to Fisantekraal, left onto Klipheuwel Rd and left again onto Wellington rd past the silos (sili?)and back to Durbanville along Wellington road.

Last week we (two of us) averaged a little over 27km/h on this route, aiming to do roughly the same tomorrow hoping to get a smidgeon faster with each passing ride.

James

Sorry i cant join you guys, my son and i leave at 5:50 to go to school in the south but this weekend saturday i am sure we will be riding.

As from today I am unemployed, and my training partner sets his own hours, so we will likely shift our riding to "sensible" time from now on. My thinking is that if we leave at around 8:30 the early traffic is mostly done and the deliveries and lorries won't be too busy yet.

I'll post again tomorrow when we have a (cunning) plan.

James

Hi All

If anybody wants to join us we'll be departing corner St Johns and Racecourse at 8:30 tomorrow morning for a ride out along Adderley, Paedophilia Rd and back via Wellington Rd. Or poss out on Wellington back on Adderley.

James

Is there seriously a road called Paedophilia Rd?

Very nearly. Some people know it as "Philadelphia" Rd.

Too lazy for the whole joke, so I'll just type the punchline: "Oh my, that's a very big word for a ten year old, isn't it?"

And now, can somebody please get this thread back on topic?

James

Is there seriously a road called Paedophilia Rd?

And now' date=' can somebody please get this thread back on topic?

James[/quote']

Sorry, missed the joke. Enjoy your ride.

Sunday morning ride planned.

Meet corner St John's and Racecourse for a 7 am depart. Ride to Stellies via Polkadraai and up Helz (poss old Helz). Back to Durbanville via Stellenboscj/Klipheuwel Rd and either Bottelary or Fisantekraal, depending on how the mood takes us.

Aim for around 3 hours, or a bit less, regroup at the top Polkadraai 2 and Helz if necessary.

James

What route do the M&B guys ride and what sort of ave speed will they be targeting?

(Love the sig, roadrulesok!)

James