dommisse

Tapering? Doing the 3 day Grape Escape next weekend

Intense, man!

Enjoy it.

Sounds like a great stage race.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn all you faders :( My babes will be driving to the tour....then she drives back while i cycle back....

where are you based? and are you a roadie or a mtber at the end of the day?

Well guys its time.......to stop riding for me, no more bike saddle till sunday, had a friggin, friggin ,friggin (did i say friggin) hot Grape Escape, my legs feel tight but i have the week to recover right?

Well guys its time.......to stop riding for me, no more bike saddle till sunday, had a friggin, friggin ,friggin (did i say friggin) hot Grape Escape, my legs feel tight but i have the week to recover right?

5 slapies you have...

the biggest challenge might not be physical, but mental. Freshness. Motivation. Focus.

Recover well!

Then Attakwas, now Grape Escape - it takes a brave cyclist. :thumbup:

if i were you i would spin out my legs thursday and a VERY light 20 minutes of Saturday

Going to top of Francshoek Pass on Saturday if you want to join

Going to top of Francshoek Pass on Saturday if you want to join

nope - I'm doing Argus route in reverse - so will only be able to join you after 10am

Had a nice ride with Airbender this morning. Wind was not bad at all. We managed a decent avg.

We split at cnr Brackenfell blvd and Old Paarl as I had to make a turn at Cape Town Cycles to sort out a small problem on my bike. It's sorted now, shifting is crisp and immediate again.

Thanks AB, lekka spending time on the road with you.

SirK, you arrived safely in St Helena? How was the wind? Did it help or hinder you?

HAHA, I only spotted this now.

Wind was K@K - only like 20Km was actually with the wind (R27), the rest was side/front wind - not lekka :thumbdown:

Looking to do a shortish pre "the race that shall not be named (for wind reasons)" ride tomorrow morning (+- 50km). Anyone game?

Me Self and SirK went to recce the 1st K O M hot spot for the Tour of Boland this morning - ascending Bainskloof Pass.

The route up this point looks just fine. Cool and overcast early morning conditions. ^_^

For your appreciation, here are some pics:

1/ SirK taking the K O M points hours before Darren Lill and/or Darryl Impey and/or David George!

2-4/ Bianchi & 'Dale hanging out.

5/ The view over Wellington and surrounds.

post-12015-0-12830700-1299582872.jpg

post-12015-0-57668400-1299583006.jpg

post-12015-0-90242100-1299583053.jpg

Me Self and SirK went to recce the 1st K O M hot spot for the Tour of Boland this morning - ascending Bainskloof Pass.

The route up this point looks just fine. Cool and overcast early morning conditions. ^_^

For your appreciation, here are some pics:

1/ SirK taking the K O M points hours before Darren Lill and/or Darryl Impey and/or David George!

2-4/ Bianchi & 'Dale hanging out.

5/ The view over Wellington and surrounds.

Well Burry Stander took KOM points today, D. Lill 2nd :o

Well Burry Stander took KOM points today, D. Lill 2nd :o

In my book:

SIrK - 1st

Burry - 2nd

Darren Lill - 3rd

Archived