Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how the pictures on this thread periodically change....you guys are up to something 20100528_013716_nono.gif

Slowbee, I'll post more pictures in a while. I picked up an old, trashed steel roadie in HORRENDOUS condition. It needs a LOT of work. Has a mix of old components....Campy, Zeus, Weinmann etc.

Beautiful frame...except I have no idea what it is because it's been repainted. Will be stripping the paint this weekend and hoping to find some clues as to what it is.

ok not sure what you call the thing. But look at the angle on the part that connects the handlebar!! Thats hectic. Possibly custom made ?

Thats a Cinelli Milano steel track drop stem. They are truly beautiful. So are the bars.

You guys have kept me out of work for a long time, drooling over bikes that I used to drool over as a youngster racing Southern Transvall Schools.

My 54cm RIH - Reynolds 531 track bike (with a mix of bits, including Campag) still hangs in my dad's garage, along with a 54cm Carlton track frame, and a few boxes full of bits and pieces.  I don't think I'll find any rare jewels, as our racing budget was limited, but it will be a fun project to get the old "cr@p" out and cleaned up.

Will post some pics of anything that may be of interest....

My latest acquisitions - well, they haven't arrived yet, but coming compliments of MRM6712 in PE. Can't wait! First, the Superissimo...

HeartCoppi - Andy, my yellow Corsa-01 is going to have to wait a bit. Damn! I'm itching ... but also considering carefully what goes onto her.

Morpheus/Velo and HeartCoppi - in last year's posts, you mentioned Gordon at King Kustom. He's my boet! But no, he's not doing bikes anymore, just motorcycles. He's called Pure Art now, and based in Waterkant Street.

20100531_112628_Colnago_Superis.JPG

Congratulations! You're a miracle worker, 'cos whenever I mention he should do it again he gives a l-o-n-g face. Anyway, you know and I know it'll be bloody awesome. What bike is he doing?