Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a detour this week to Dr George. What a gentleman ! What an interesting shop ! Lots of nice stuff for the retro bike enthusiast. Managed to get a couple of really nice parts. More importantly, I had the privilege to meet the Doc.

The project was rolled out for a ride for the first time today. Just tightened and trued again and shes almost ready.

post-7990-0-05089900-1310207043.jpg

Hey Hey julle gom torre

The bikes that was new tech the last time I was on the Hub can almost qualify for this thread now!!! :P

Stumbled across this beauty on Friday. Made my week. I think late sixties or early seventies Pogliaghi Pista in chrome. Can't wait to get it built up so I can ride it!

post-988-0-96073300-1310332937.jpg

Lordy Andreas, that looks good. Is this a teaser campaign, showing us little details bit by bit to get everyone drooling before seeing the whole bike? Like a new car model that's draped in a big sheet?

And how did she ride in this unbelievably beautiful weather?

Mintsauce, that's an amazing find. Track bike, yes? Lovely. You're going to have the fixie brigade turning inside out with jealousy. Well, me too actually.

Rode the Le Turbo to work today after a long break. Jeepers, the geometry is different; sitti ng much more upright than any of my other bikes. But I love her to death; friction shifts are as smooth as butter (apart from nearly putting my fingers in the wheel), she doesn't make a single sound from the freewheel - absolutely silent - and rides as surely as if she were on rails. I juat had to sing her praises.

I'm no good with a camera so the pic doesn't do it justice, but thought I'd update anyway. Still need to get a nice seatpost and polish up the frame a little.

This thing makes me so happy. The girlfriend doesn't appreciate me sitting in the lounge staring at it, so I've moved it to the garage. Might stick a bed in here....what more does a guy need?

post-988-0-96782700-1310570153.jpg

Good grief, does that say Bugatti?

This one does

http://www.bugattirevue.com/revue29/velobug.jpg

I'm no good with a camera so the pic doesn't do it justice, but thought I'd update anyway. Still need to get a nice seatpost and polish up the frame a little.

This thing makes me so happy. The girlfriend doesn't appreciate me sitting in the lounge staring at it, so I've moved it to the garage. Might stick a bed in here....what more does a guy need?

great stuff.

Beaut!

Now just add a brown leather saddle. :thumbup:

That's very cool. Have you thought of moving your girlfriend to the garage :) Just a thought.

BTW, what crank is that?

That's very cool. Have you thought of moving your girlfriend to the garage :) Just a thought.

BTW, what crank is that?

I doubt she'd be too keen. Besides, how is she going to cook my dinner down there?

Crank is a Zeus Pista 165mm, fitted with a 42th ring off a similar vintage Zeus road crank I have.