Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Heres my new Merckx Strada, courtesy of hubber spinhard, Kitted out with a mix of old and new Campag since this is my new daily rider. Frame is immaculate, and according to the serial number is about a 1987. Rides beautifully as well:

post-1099-0-01883900-1315753469.jpg

post-1099-0-57694300-1315753508.jpg

post-1099-0-30617200-1315753583.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of selling my 1995 Gary Fisher Marlin mountain bike, 19.5" frame. I've had it from new and it spent a good deal of time just 'sitting' in the garage. (Disgusting if I think of that now). The bike is mostly in its original condition, but does have a few paint scratches. The back rim has been replaced and I've changed the original 7 speed 11-28 cassette, to a 12-32 ratio. I've still got the original saddle, cassette, yellow CWC saddle bag and booklet that came with the bike. I still ride it on occasions, rode it yesterday and it is still going very well. However I am considering getting another bike and won't have enough room to store an addition to the family. Your opinion please, what is it worth? (Specs of the bike here: http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1995&Brand=Gary%20Fisher&Model=Marlin&Type=bike)

post-19702-0-21265200-1315820875.jpg

I like that Rolls saddle on the Eddy. Do you still get those seats?

Yes, they still make them. CWC has white ones in stock at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

retro-ish...

Now that's how a modern retro should be done. If I was being totally anal i would say change the rear der to all silver.

Now that's how a modern retro should be done. If I was being totally anal i would say change the rear der to all silver.

looking for a NOS RD.... any offers out there?

Good luck. I ended up buying a complete bike to get one rim. I have a 36 hole Open Pro but I doubt that'll be much help.

We were recently given a vintage Bianchi road bike. It is so old it weighs more than my mountain bike and has the gear change thingies on the frame and not anywhere near the handle bars (i have not got a clue what they are called). It is a 6 speed (i think) and has all the original parts.

Does anyone know how I can get this bike identified? It is all in working order, but needs some restoration etc. Once we have identified it, the restoration will start. Any ideas? Is there a website for this? Have been Googling all morning to no avail.

We were recently given a vintage Bianchi road bike. It is so old it weighs more than my mountain bike and has the gear change thingies on the frame and not anywhere near the handle bars (i have not got a clue what they are called). It is a 6 speed (i think) and has all the original parts.

Does anyone know how I can get this bike identified? It is all in working order, but needs some restoration etc. Once we have identified it, the restoration will start. Any ideas? Is there a website for this? Have been Googling all morning to no avail.

It's called "down tube shifters". They died out in the middle '90s. Post a pic here, someone will ID it for you.

Post a pic or three.

Stamped under the BB or on one of the rear drop-outs will be a serial number. Bianchi.it can tell you more about the frame.

Yip will post pics soon. Hoping someone can ID it. Least i know what the gears are called now :P Thanks!