Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Not convinced

There's no loosing nor tightening of the ring with the nut action.

There's also no pivot I can feel on the pin unless the levers adds leverage if you know what I mean. But if so I'd be surprised to add body weight when riding.

Also don't be misled because the pic has two pieces. I only did that to get more perspectives. I have 3.

You guys sure?

Edited by HeartCoppi

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the lever body supposed to press into the bar? Less inclined to go with that.

Also it's spanner or socket only, no alan key

Hi all, only just found this forum and it is great. I have a 1983 Alan with the oval top tube which I am still using on my home trainer. Was hoping someone can help with the rear derailleur. It is a Suntour Superbe and is missing the attaching stud. I would be willing to buy the whole derailleur.

Hi all, only just found this forum and it is great. I have a 1983 Alan with the oval top tube which I am still using on my home trainer. Was hoping someone can help with the rear derailleur. It is a Suntour Superbe and is missing the attaching stud. I would be willing to buy the whole derailleur.

Welcome. Pretty difficult finding a loose fixing bolt. I have used fixing nuts from old broken RD's. Getting the correct length is critical.

Welcome. Pretty difficult finding a loose fixing bolt. I have used fixing nuts from old broken RD's. Getting the correct length is critical.

I found this on a site called Disraeligears, I will have to try and get an accurate measurement. It is part Number 2 on the diagram. Thanks for your helppost-88491-0-18248100-1549860371_thumb.jpeg

I found this on a site called Disraeligears, I will have to try and get an accurate measurement. It is part Number 2 on the diagram. Thanks for your helpattachicon.gifF4D92B4A-B04E-46DF-A758-AA8E8C0024E8.jpeg

I know you are based in Natal, but here in Cape Town, this is the guy I go to for making small bike parts. Kevin Wilkinson used to be a bike mechanic for BMC in Salt River and a few years ago joined his family business, but he still makes special bike parts for BMC and anyone restoring old bikes. Perhaps if all else fails, try find someone like him in your part of the world?

https://ss-eng.co.za/about-us/

I know you are based in Natal, but here in Cape Town, this is the guy I go to for making small bike parts. Kevin Wilkinson used to be a bike mechanic for BMC in Salt River and a few years ago joined his family business, but he still makes special bike parts for BMC and anyone restoring old bikes. Perhaps if all else fails, try find someone like him in your part of the world?

https://ss-eng.co.za/about-us/

Good idea, thanks a lot

Morning all. I recently bought a steel frame Peugeot bicycle with the following characteristics:

- Suntour rear Derailleur - 6 speed - and shifters

- Suntour Cyclone front Derailleur

- Strongflight ? crankset (France) stamped on the axle

- Fiamme red stamp - Super Corsa Rims

- Gipiemme Hubs and Skewers

- CLB brake calipers and levers

- Kusuki stem and handlebars

- Sella Italia Anatomic seat

- The frame has a red Tange 2 sticker under the seatpost

- The fork has Tange stickers on and the bottom halves are shiny chrome

- There is also a Hand Brazed sticker on the left chainstay

- The top tube has Peugeot Prestige and Classique decals on it

Everything runs true and all the stuff that should be round is round.

I would appreciate any advice or information on the likely year of manufacture, any other information that could be of interest.

While I plan to strip and lovingly reassemble the bike, I would like to preserve the patina and , if it is eligible, enter Eroica 2020 with it. Any advice on how to look after the decals would be great.

It would also be great to know whether this bike would be eligible for Eroica.

Morning all. I recently bought a steel frame Peugeot bicycle with the following characteristics:

- Suntour rear Derailleur - 6 speed - and shifters

- Suntour Cyclone front Derailleur

- Strongflight ? crankset (France) stamped on the axle

- Fiamme red stamp - Super Corsa Rims

- Gipiemme Hubs and Skewers

- CLB brake calipers and levers

- Kusuki stem and handlebars

- Sella Italia Anatomic seat

- The frame has a red Tange 2 sticker under the seatpost

- The fork has Tange stickers on and the bottom halves are shiny chrome

- There is also a Hand Brazed sticker on the left chainstay

- The top tube has Peugeot Prestige and Classique decals on it

Everything runs true and all the stuff that should be round is round.

I would appreciate any advice or information on the likely year of manufacture, any other information that could be of interest.

While I plan to strip and lovingly reassemble the bike, I would like to preserve the patina and , if it is eligible, enter Eroica 2020 with it. Any advice on how to look after the decals would be great.

It would also be great to know whether this bike would be eligible for Eroica.

Yes, it will be perfect for Eroica. Only thing is, I would do the 2019 one and the 2020 one. :)

If you can post a few pictures it will be easier to work out a date of manufacture, but it is likely 2nd half of the 1970s or first half of the 1980s.

post a picture of the headbadge and we can tell which year

if it says prestige and its a classique model means its local made

tange 2 means probably 80s

but as DJR says some pics will help

you can ride eroica on it

Edited by bikebloke