• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some help here please.

Happened apon a steel Bianchi?

Well let's start with confirmation that the caps "B" inside a tight circle on the tips of the seat stays indicates a Bianchi please ??

If it is a Bianchi...then, I add that the seat stays are beautifully aero. Does any one know more about which model and year it could be? The frame has been badly repainted so I have no other notes.

Edited by HeartCoppi

Need some help here please.

Happened apon a steel Bianchi?

Well let's start with confirmation that the caps "B" inside a tight circle on the tips of the seat stays indicates a Bianchi please ??

If it is a Bianchi...then, I add that the seat stays are beautifully aero. Does any one know more about which model and year it could be? The frame has been badly repainted so I have no other notes.

the circled B is a bianchi mark - is there nothing else ?

serial number and stamps under BB?

what are the dropouts front and rear?

and a some info on the fork crown (if it looks like its original) would help also

@heartcoppi I speak under correction but if it is a bianchi it could be tsx Columbus tubing? Iv seen it on late model bianchis that have internal cable routing. The seat stays are more aero

• 2 weeks later...

My Felt retro cruiser in the Cradle on an autumn afterrnoon. When you ride a bike like this you are forced to ride at a different tempo, a more relaxed tempo.

careful this dude doesnt dive at you out of the sun and shoot you down you cursed red baron lol

post-85316-0-08538600-1563808809.jpg

careful this dude doesnt dive at you out of the sun and shoot you down you cursed red baron lol

“In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame. 

On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.”

― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Here is a real 12 speed classic. In 1997 I walked into Italian Cycles in Sandown where I saw this brand new Bianchi that looked like it was from a different era. Robbie Galinetti, the shop owner told me that it had been found in the customs facility in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania (still in its box from the factory) and had been shipped to him to sell. I bought it on the spot for R1 500.00. It is still completely original except that the brake hoods have disintegrated. It still has the original tubbies and Bianchi pump and water bottle and suede Sella Italia saddle.It must be an early 1980's model. (The pedals have been removed to save space in storage.)

post-42494-0-04893200-1563865144_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ibex

Another WANTED ad;

I'm looking for a single (or set) of Suntour Cyclone 7000 series aero brake levers please, if anyone has any lying in an old box somewhere :thumbup:

7000 series would be first choice but I'll settle for any Cyclone series if I don't come right.