Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you all can help me with some info on this bike. It had one owner and is in very good condition. Is it worth it to redo it to showroom condition and what should I pay for it as is ?

Thanks again

post-36034-0-34237200-1382448658_thumb.jpg

post-36034-0-00389000-1382448664_thumb.jpg

post-36034-0-79613600-1382448670_thumb.jpg

post-36034-0-79035800-1382448680_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blinkp

Hope you all can help me with some info on this bike. It had one owner and is in very good condition. Is it worth it to redo it to showroom condition and what should I pay for it as is ?

Thanks again

A picture would be nice :whistling:

Found this while trawling the www.

Looks like an early to mid 80s bottom range Bianchi, Campy Victory or Triomph.

I'll contact the owner and see how much he/she wants. I'm not interested, I have 2 already.

Anyone interested?

Edit: No how did it get 2 of these posts????

This looks very nice, nothing extremely special, but looks original and in great condition.

Thanks again

Looks pretty good.

Shimano 600, pre Aero Levers so probably around '86/'87 or so, I think. I see it has the Bio-Pace chainrings, not sure if those came out with this groupset. I may be wrong.

Viner are good frames. I would say if you can get it for a fair price its worth a restore. Although it doesnt look bad for the age. I reckon a good clean and some polish and she will look ok.

Looks pretty good.

Shimano 600, pre Aero Levers so probably around '86/'87 or so, I think. I see it has the Bio-Pace chainrings, not sure if those came out with this groupset. I may be wrong.

Viner are good frames. I would say if you can get it for a fair price its worth a restore. Although it doesnt look bad for the age. I reckon a good clean and some polish and she will look ok.

Thank you for the advice. What would you say is a fair value on this bike ?

Thank you for the advice. What would you say is a fair value on this bike ?

Thats a hard one. Its an Italian bike with Japanese components.

They great components, just don't know enough about this particular bike and what it originally came with.

Looks like the groupset is 600EX, but the levers are 600 Tricolour. I would say the levers don't match the rest of the groupset.

Maybe someone who has more knowledge can assist.

Offer R2000.00 and see what the response is. Its a start.

Thats a hard one. Its an Italian bike with Japanese components.

They great components, just don't know enough about this particular bike and what it originally came with.

Looks like the groupset is 600EX, but the levers are 600 Tricolour. I would say the levers don't match the rest of the groupset.

Maybe someone who has more knowledge can assist.

Offer R2000.00 and see what the response is. Its a start.

Thanks

Viner are very good frames. I was told by someone in the UK that they've just folded shop, about 2 months ago, gone, so the frame can only increase in value.

Good frames, especially for bigger riders, one seems to find them in large only. I have one which is a 59, not restored yet.

600 did come out with biopace, I bought a group in about 1988, which was aero brakes and biopace, I think 1988/89 was first year of biopcace.

Shimano 600 is a good groupo, but not really for a collector. If you check on eBay you'll find that Campy, even the 600 equivalent, goes for double the Shimano price.

A good way to check on value here in SA is to check the price overseas and then drop by about 1/3.

Have a look on eBay, at the buy now prices and 1/2 these.

Look on www.lfgss.com and look for Viner. Whatever the price is there, take of 35%.

It's rule of thumb, but that seems to be about right for local prices.

Just looked at LFGSS and Viner bikes with Campy seem to run about £300 - £400. So if you take 35% off and multiply by 15=R3500.

But remember these are with Campy, so my guese is about R2000, as quintonb said.

Just tried to find Viner website

www.vinerbikes.com

and it's gone!!!!

So I guese they have gone out of business, pity!

Viner are very good frames. I was told by someone in the UK that they've just folded shop, about 2 months ago, gone, so the frame can only increase in value.

Good frames, especially for bigger riders, one seems to find them in large only. I have one which is a 59, not restored yet.

600 did come out with biopace, I bought a group in about 1988, which was aero brakes and biopace, I think 1988/89 was first year of biopcace.

Shimano 600 is a good groupo, but not really for a collector. If you check on eBay you'll find that Campy, even the 600 equivalent, goes for double the Shimano price.

A good way to check on value here in SA is to check the price overseas and then drop by about 1/3.

Have a look on eBay, at the buy now prices and 1/2 these.

Look on www.lfgss.com and look for Viner. Whatever the price is there, take of 35%.

It's rule of thumb, but that seems to be about right for local prices.

Just looked at LFGSS and Viner bikes with Campy seem to run about £300 - £400. So if you take 35% off and multiply by 15=R3500.

But remember these are with Campy, so my guese is about R2000, as quintonb said.

Good advice on pricing.

Yeah 600 came out with Bio-Pace but those cranks and groupset are 600EX, I think Bio-Pace only started with the Tricolour (Levers on the bike).

600EX carries some value for sure, but Campy is still king.

Just tried to find Viner website

www.vinerbikes.com

and it's gone!!!!

So I guese they have gone out of business, pity!

Sad news. Hard to keep up with the modern carbon/moulded bikes.

The ones who survive will command high prices for hand built steel frames...

Should have mentioned it before, but it's a good idea to check the tubing.

That tells you whether the frame was a 'professional', 'good' or 'entry' level frame.

in this case (the tubes are Columbus), looking at group set, the frame is about mide 80s, so SL and above would be a very good frame.

quintonb, I'm glad you can see the picture that well, I'm afraid my eyesight is no longer what it once was!!!