The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

I shouldof put my minions on, No murry you dont understand, its like a hard clay with a thin layer of loose sand on it....and my back tyre is completely smooth

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DHK: talking about rubber, you know when that tire is coming? my bike needs new rubber front and back now. I had such a bad snake bite today it ripped my tires as well. like i said in a previous post, it's almost as if someone took a knife to my tire. and in two different places as well. bit bizarre.

murray: best analogy of the conditions at the top section of paarl is when you hit that twisty section just after the stump jumps at DH3. it's like very course sand on a hard clay like base layer. Skid city i tell you.

O right. No idea only put it in the order book on sat I'm guessing around thursday. Cap May I have your old tyres if they still usable as I told you at tokai I do ride alot so I go through tyres quiet swiftly.

well, the front i thought was still in damn good nick, until today. it's FUBAR now me thinks. it has weird cuts in it at two different places.

the rear is more like a high roller now: side knobs still good, but the middle treads are shot.

your choice really. I dont recommend.

guys: YGPM.

Let's take this opportunity. I reckon it's gonna be awesome! I think your parents will agree Jason smiley1.gif

Hey All.

Yesterday myself and about 8 others spent the day clearing a 100% brand new track in the hills between Tableview and Durbanville.

We have gotten permission to build on the land at an old quarry. We cleared the first track but their is loads of work to do in terms of digging berms and jumps. there are a few natural features but lots of work is needed.

it's been a loooong time since we have had acces to land to build an all new track. Exiting indeed.

Oh and all of you youngsters should be ashamed of yourselves for not helping. Andrew Hill who is 58 came out and helped dig.

well old guy, if you had given us a heads up, we would have a reason to feel ashamed. what a waste of an opportunity.. smiley17.gif

So you gonna savvy up and let us know when the next build session will be??

He He.

I will post up on this thread when the next build session will be. I think there will be a race there in the very near future.

Sorry for the late reply cap, ya replaced the whole drive-train, crank, pedals, BB, cassette, chain, derailleur, shifter. Then replaced the stearing system, brand new bar, stem grips, brake levers. And bought tyres for this season, just looking for some maxxis minion DH front and rears in 2.7" that is the 60a compound

hey hey louis. np man smiley1.gif

So what's the spec on your drivetrain now? and your cockpit?

Interesting you going for the wider tire. What's the thinking? Only thing i'm doing in terms of tires is running a Minion DHF 3c at the rear. I need some longevity over there.

Mitch21, Panik, DHK, jrussel: hope you've checked your PMs. I need a reply to firm up the date. Think about when you going to be available. ?He holds the camps on Sundays, so note that please.