The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oo.. which chain was it? btw: it's them letting you down, it's them letting you know what happens when you cheat on them with sh*tmano smiley17.gif

The new Intense M6 proto. Might be rocking the world cup scene this year!

http://www.crcintense.com/images/stories/news/100211_02.jpg

Well I'm sorry if they not very strong then I resort to anything to be able to ride. Frame looks sick. Cap whats a good price for a second hand totem in very good condition go for 8500 on CRC. You going to hit tokai this weekend cap Sat?

dude: i'm itching to ride anything! I am literally praying this bug has finally had it's fill of causing my body no end of pain and suffering. Gots to hit them hills! Please tell me you going the afternoon? I'm trying really hard to join Duane's trailbuild session in the morning, but the afternoon is booked for hitting the gnar.

btw: i was joking about the shimano. A jab in pure jest smiley2.gif But i think you just had a bad run of failures, and it's coincidental that it's all been SRAM products. Take my PC 970 chain. I've thrashed this thing for almost a year, with ZERO maintenance on it. In the end, it exploded while i was doing some sprints practice and send me into a disgraceful OTB dismount. I paid the price. Now i lube like a born again good rider. Still waiting for my hanger/rear mech to explode. it's bound to happen. but will i change to Shimano or anything else? Not really. I luv the SRAM mech. works well for me.

But let me know how the Saint products work out. It's always good to get feedback and keep the option available.

WRT the M6 proto: does it not look very similar to the 951? Btw: i've been reading up much on that 951, and a lot of guys are complaining about the frame's VERY progressive rear linkage. In a nutshell, most have to buy new shock springs with much decreased spring rates to offset the progressive nature of the linkage. They say it get's very harsh if you dont fiddle abit. Quite interesting that. But i guess that's how it goes. Suspension is not a one-size-fits-all item. It needs fine tuning like everything else.

still, M6 or Demo 8? smiley2.gif

I havent been to the P.O. patches. will go once i get home.

DHK: i need some rims, and hubs. But CRC out of stock on the 20mm front hub. smiley6.gif Dont matter really. i'll take that in a later order.