The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two quick questions...

1. How long does a CRC order usually take to arrive (I've got 2 orders coming in. 1 via Royal Mail, the other with Parcel Force)?

(I'm guessing the 5-8working days is optomistic?!)

2. I'm starting to build up a freeride/DH bike (hence my first 2 CRC orders of parts and a new helmet). Haven't yet bought a frame, but wanting around 6-8" rear travel. In terms of forks, what frames can anyone think of off hand that can take a 1.5" steerer tube?

Thanks smiley1.gif

Royal mail can take up to 2 weeks, same with parcelforce, depending on how long customs clutches your prezzies. in the period between justbfore christmas and after new year, things are definitely at a dead stop. My package ordered on the 23 of Dec 09 is still stuck in heathrow. yum.

but it will get better. Tis the terrible season for shopping on line smiley2.gif

Royal mail can take up to 2 weeks' date=' same with parcelforce, depending on how long customs clutches your prezzies. in the period between justbfore christmas and after new year, things are definitely at a dead stop. My package ordered on the 23 of Dec 09 is still stuck in heathrow. yum.

but it will get better. Tis the terrible season for shopping on line [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley2.gif[/img]

Thanks Capricorn. Yeah I ordered a stem and bars on the 19th Dec, and a helmet on the 26th.I'm still cringing at what customs might rush me on duty smiley5.gif

Darn the suspense!!

if it was from crc' date=' there are no import duties on parts and 25% import duties on helmets[/quote']

Cool, thanks for that.

I'm guessing VAT applies to everything though. So I'll pay 14% on parts and 39% on the helmet?! Does that sound right?

Why does everythinghave to take so long and now it taking longer because of all the holidays and things wheels are in island somewhere for some reason that I can't work out? Is CRC based in Island

shorely yoo ment Ireland ole chap...

and yes, they are Irish. It's normal DHK. Last 2 weeks of December and First week of January are normally slower than a tortoise thru a field of peanutbutter. I just hope my stuff doesnt get lost en route, like when santan claws decides to reappropiate gifts... bar stewards!

Capricorn2010-01-04 23:22:37