The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

Cobus surfaced the first part of the new Tokai track (roots) yesterday and covered that nasty sea sand at the small double and berm. The plan is to get some water on it today so by Sat morning it should be sweet.  Watch out for the short steep descent near the end, easy to go OTB if you overbake it.  Very surprised that section was approved cos usually anything that steep is a no-no for erosion. Hopefully only the guys who don't drag the back wheel will ride it (probably wishful thinking). I really liked the old trail, which is now closed, but this one is also fun in a different way.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no stress RIS smiley1.gif

Diepseun, if you goto paarl, YNameHere & crew, and probably myself will be there. not sure if Mitch21 will pitch21 up as well.

Ignore my previous post. It turns out Dakine is distributed by Billabong here and Billabong is one of my clients. So getting one of those tailgate blankies from them.

There's gonna be at least 6 of us at Paarl tomorrow. We will get there at around 8.30. It gets hot out there so we like to ride early.

Cap sell your X-9 while you still can mine just snapped off this evening!!!

why should I sell it? What happened to yours that it broke?

You gonna switch to Shimano?

I've bashed my rear mech to the point the hangar goes out of square, yet the mech keeps taking it.

reality is: saint, SRAM whatever the mech's brand is: in our line of riding, anything will get bashed to the point where it eventually breaks sooner than you had hoped for. that's just the name of the game.

But so far, X.9 absolutely rocks in my experience.

Capricorn2010-02-05 15:27:57