The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

Hehehe...nothing planned man :)

Just offering place to stay. Supposedly there is a friendly DH event here next weekend.

You back home yet?

Me n a friend been building some new trails type track...maybe some of it will be ready by next weekend....I HOPE!

Going to be pretty damn awesome though.

Yip...I'm back!

Going away this weekend....and the next...and the next. For real, trues bob. Bleh.

You going to be here December? I have a jump bike on my wishlist to Santa....things could get fun..

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip...I'm back!

Going away this weekend....and the next...and the next. For real, trues bob. Bleh.

You going to be here December? I have a jump bike on my wishlist to Santa....things could get fun..

Sweet :)

Yeah, will be here most of December.

You should come give us a hand building the trails...we need all the help we can get...seeing as there are only the two of us at the moment :(

Sweet :)

Yeah, will be here most of December.

You should come give us a hand building the trails...we need all the help we can get...seeing as there are only the two of us at the moment :(

where are you building these things? In my back garden aka the dam?

And I if I build it, I have to ride it...so you are gonna have to show me how. :thumbup:

where are you building these things? In my back garden aka the dam?

And I if I build it, I have to ride it...so you are gonna have to show me how. :thumbup:

Hahaha...na, not by the dam...Close to the botanical gardens. As you go over the train tracks you can go right (up the hill) or left (lower contour to Witfontein).

It is going from the top of the hill to the right down to the bottom contour :)

Lol....I still need to learn how to ride the one drop.

But the rest of the trail stuff so far is easily rideable, speed depending of course :)

Hahaha...na, not by the dam...Close to the botanical gardens. As you go over the train tracks you can go right (up the hill) or left (lower contour to Witfontein).

It is going from the top of the hill to the right down to the bottom contour :)

Lol....I still need to learn how to ride the one drop.

But the rest of the trail stuff so far is easily rideable, speed depending of course :)

it's you building those things!!?

my word, you are crazy.

it's you building those things!!?

my word, you are crazy.

:blush: not ONLY me...

And it is only the one drop that is kinda large...

I see what you are doing.

You are trying to kill me.

lol :P Nobody said you gotta try the drop...I'm rather apprehensive about trying it when it is done as well :o

Omega man: i'm game. No quibbles about helping out with gas and whatnot. Just getting away will be awesome,and no, i aint gonna be driving. I just wanna sit back and chill :P

oh and tell th others to sport underarm in their luggage. Nothing worse than a manky DHer :P

gneiss man :D gratz

Post the pic...Tread is a mission to find in George... :S

Here you go

post-8700-025551800 1288124555.jpg

Edited by MXkid77

I know this might be a bit off topic, but how many downhillers, ride majik forest or are in the magic forest region?

Guest Omega Man

Omega man: i'm game. No quibbles about helping out with gas and whatnot. Just getting away will be awesome,and no, i aint gonna be driving. I just wanna sit back and chill :P

oh and tell th others to sport underarm in their luggage. Nothing worse than a manky DHer :P

So now what is the story? Are you coming? There is a spot available in my truck but you need to confirm today like. Also. I've organized accommodation but there are number issues. We can work around that.

How many guys coming to visit us here in George next weekend then?

I hope not ALL of you can do the jumps...then I won't feel too alone and like a noob :P

i have to bail, or wuss-out in Omega-man speak :( Got word this morning there's been extension on repairs that are already 2 weeks late. sometimes, my job just crawls up my ass :angry:

i have to bail, or wuss-out in Omega-man speak :( Got word this morning there's been extension on repairs that are already 2 weeks late. sometimes, my job just crawls up my ass :angry:

super suckzor man...just came from a session there...you missing out!! :(

Made a video of the last section of the George DH course...my first time jumping the 5m double thing too :D Just decided to grow a pair and go for it :P

Will link when it's uploaded to Youtube :)