The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

We building at willow road now, its in the baakens so we can rush there after work and ride for 2 hours. Loads of fun, about 01:45 long.

Bout 4 of us that ride together, there are more guys riding but we havent met them yet, we just starting out.

Then there is Woodridge and longmore like Thermo mentioned. We need to up our skill level before we head to longmore.

Here is a pic of me getting 1 foot of air...

post-14795-026453600 1288733257.jpg

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there is lots of bush along Willow Road, nice pic. Your photographer has the minerals standing there.

hehehe :)

Lookos fun ...that down there along Marine Drive by the Willows I guess? Or by Willow road?

I'd be keen to ride Willow Road next weekend sometime maybe, whereabouts does the track start?

Guest eyecandy

Im from PE....is it not a dangerous area along marine dr btw the golf club and willows?

Ye, lank dangerous...although I still go fishing there occasionally, but u usually have a bunch of fisher people there with you and then it's OK.

But I think that track is the one on Willow Road going from Circular Drive to William Moffet?

Baakens is fun, there are a few cool places, but ride in a group and go tubeless..there are bazillions of those devil thorns everywhere :(

Guest eyecandy

Im tubeless so it's ok. Will have to find a grp, will b first time there with the bike.

Edited by eyecandy

LOL @ :040.. excellent save old chap :P that bush almost ate you whole!

A storm blew that tree over, so its kinda a new addition at the end. Its full on tree, if you hit that you wont get up soon...

The Trail is near Willow Road, just off William Moffatt.

Here is a overview of the little track, first half before crossing the main road is all pedalling, nice hardpack with berms.

post-14795-043996400 1288781947.jpg

Man I can't orientate myself as to where that is...The big road doesn't look like Willow road...not straight enough :P