The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

Thats right stryder. are there any cool tracks around there?

Mm DS, never went there to ride, just passing through. There has to be trails there, maybe google the area and see if there is anything.

Like in George, who would have thunk there is a DH fraternity there.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mm DS, never went there to ride, just passing through. There has to be trails there, maybe google the area and see if there is anything.

Like in George, who would have thunk there is a DH fraternity there.

lol lol...fraternity here...does MAX 10 people count?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guy....need some help pls :thumbup:

Could you use a Scott fr20 with a Boxxer race for dh?

is the geo ok or not great for dh?

and im looking to buy a DH bike so if you know any1 who is pls PM me.

if you'd taken the time to look up the specs off Scott's website, you'd see they state the fork can have 200mm of travel. So yes, you golden to use any DH double crown fork. :thumbup:

Edited by Capricorn

definitely. FR mostly (slight geo variations with a DH specific bike but it's almost irrelevant) just means the frame is a bit burlier,aka heavier to take the big hucks.

Edited by Capricorn

it depends on how u ride and the types of track. shorter wheel base gets u around the corners, longer wheel base takes the stability cake and the gnar. But it does depend on the rider. what do you prefer?

really dont know?...ridden dh on a hard tail..but im going to ride races. i weigh 60kgs and i am 170cm tall. what do you think?

you sound like you will be riding a size small frame. but the actual difference between a long and short wheelbase is in simple terms, very small. but the handling characteristics is noticable, depending on the rider.

If you can, test ride either the long or the short, if possible. See which one feels more natural. then work with that. Frankly, it really doesnt matter as most riders adapt either way. Have to work with what we got :)

where u at Ginger? If in the cape, u riding at Contermanskloof in Dec? I hear there is a race there. Just not clear on teh exact details. Hopefully Omega_guy or the other DHers can clarify for us.

I think it is: cant make money if u only invite your 'friends' ;) I hear it's moer steep! Last time, there was this section that was f'ing steep, and the last bit before the road was even steeper. Lotsa WTFs when u standing at the top. ;)