The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys

I am seriously keen to give this Downhill stuff a try, but I don't have a Downhill bike.

What I do have is this:

Giant Reign 2006, with a Fox 36 Talas fork, Vanilla R Coil Rear, XT AM Wheels (20mm thru axle) and big brake rotors (203F & 180R).

Is this good enough to start out with? I am not a crazy rider - always looking for the smooth line.

20091016_095851_Reign_side.JPG

Im sure that will be fine! soften up your shocks, you got a 6' frame right? that will do fine for the "smooth lines". I just wouldnt do anything big on that frame, I think its more of a trail bike but should be fine to start off with.

Good luck!smiley20.gif

no idea of the real world weight. Things might be in ligher or heavier in italy/taiwan, so will see once i receive it next week.

yes, i did order it, and no, i didnt add your e.Thirteen. but dont worry Murray, I have another order going thru later this weekend, as I kind of did that Marzo order in a hurry. I still need to order my brakes, and some grips and other odds. Your e.thirteen will take a ride then.

Also, there is a cape town CRC order going thru. why not hitch a ride with them if you in a hurry?

Capricorn! what grips are you getting? Im looking for new grips but out shops dont have any nice ones, and could I possibly also please get mine through you if I decide to buy any?