DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OldFlow

Hey MT! Awesome quality pics. smiley32.gif

Think we'll make you official photographer! I'm fortunate to ride with some awesome laid-back guys but we never get to "see ourselves in action", so we'd really appreciate if you would forward the rest of the pics to us. I'm the guy on the Enduro, Jevan was on the Diesel and Werner is the fit bastard on the Reign.

jrussel - thanks for the nice words! Last week I was with Werner and Donovan, both on their Reigns.... We're not really downhillers, more all-mountain/freeride boys who like to "earn our turns" by sweating the hills too.... We're cheats - we're all running double chainrings with bashguards up front. See you on the mountain soon & hope that eye is doing better! Jack is welcome to join us for sessioning some jumps, corners, whatever - we all learn together hey....

Hey MT! Awesome quality pics. smiley32.gif

Think we'll make you official photographer! I'm fortunate to ride with some awesome laid-back guys but we never get to "see ourselves in action"' date=' so we'd really appreciate if you would forward the rest of the pics to us. I'm the guy on the Enduro, Jevan was on the Diesel and Werner is the fit bastard on the Reign.

jrussel - thanks for the nice words! Last week I was with [b']Werner [/b]and Donovan, both on their Reigns.... We're not really downhillers, more all-mountain/freeride boys who like to "earn our turns" by sweating the hills too.... We're cheats - we're all running double chainrings with bashguards up front. See you on the mountain soon & hope that eye is doing better! Jack is welcome to join us for sessioning some jumps, corners, whatever - we all learn together hey....

Out of interest.. Did this Werner ride a Green Morewood with Zebra/Tiger stripes and has a friend that rode a Kona Stab ?

The  derailleur 105 what that? sounds like somthing off a road bike

Indeed, it's a road derailleur. It came on the bike. Guys use them because they're short cage. Most MTB derailleurs that are available locally are long cage, sometimes medium cage. In terms of Shimano, before shadow derailleur came about, a road derailleur would have worked as well as an older mtb short cage derailleur. As I said, got Saint shifter and derailleur on the way. No more sh*t.

curious brad: your perceptions of the delta between SRAM and Saints on the drive train?

SRAM's ok. But I prefer Shimano smiley2.gif

Hi Guys,

Do any of you know what happened to the DH track at Gilooleys in JHB?

Where can we ride DH in Gauteng other than Helderkruin, Klapperkop?

Cheers!

OldFlow:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2527/4048601499_625a24a82f.jpg

Jevan:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2748/4049389072_4f28ebe410.jpg

Werner:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2804/4049402812_1d952f5673.jpg

OldFlow: Glad you like the pics. I've uploaded the rest on to flickr. Just click my sig - see the Tokai set - click all sizes to see higher res (800x500). My bandwidth's a bit low so hope these will do for now. The full res orig ones are huge. Just let me know when you're in Tokai and I'll burn a CD or summing.

curious brad: your perceptions of the delta between SRAM and Saints on the drive train?

SRAM's ok. But I prefer Shimano smiley2.gif

oh k, but any practical difference worth mentioning??

haha thankssmiley1.gif 

phase 2 is a bigger fork (Marzo smiley4.gif) and a front 20mm hub, (Hopefully soon)

and then 3 is new derailer's, shifters, re-spray.....and a new seatsmiley1.gif (next year or as things break, depending on much cash flow)

I have a 105 that doesn't have a bike to go on is it worth trying it out or is it just a waste of time

What are you currently running?

Sram X-9 one problem is my Garage in a mess need to hunt for that stupid thing can't even find my chain bolts but then again I'am very organsized as everything is in one big pile