The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

Sram X-9 one problem is my Garage in a mess need to hunt for that stupid thing can't even find my chain bolts but then again I'am very organsized as everything is in one big pile

You can't run a Shimano rear derailleur with SRAM shifters.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice nolipoli. U broken her in yet?

Just got back from my ride down that track LoveMe suggested. and he wasnt lying: that rockgarden is damn long. Lotsa loose ?bigass rocks that makes holding speed a sumbitch. Then i got lost at the bottom after passing the picnic area on the right. There were a couple of paths leading to what I thought was single track, but the one i chose ended being this wood slatted path with lotsa little steps in it and the drop surprised me by how low it was smiley2.gif U gotta just hit it at speed to actually make it a drop. Will try to annotate the google earth pic he provided to give me detail, cos i completely blew past that first left for entry to the rockgarden. LOL. at least he wasnt wrong about that smiley1.gif

Getting distracted?

The track, it's there somewhere smiley2.gif

The End

It's pretty short with the rockgarden the only slow section. If you run on the perimeter of the rock garden, you can carry some decent speed. Fall there, and u gonna catch a lot of hurt smiley4.gif

Capricorn2009-10-28 02:12:32

Sram X-9 one problem is my Garage in a mess need to hunt for that stupid thing can't even find my chain bolts but then again I'am very organsized as everything is in one big pile

You can't run a Shimano rear derailleur with SRAM shifters.

LIES!

I'm riding with SRAM "Fast Attack [?]" shifters and Shimano Deore XT RD

Hey Capricorn!

Super stoked you got to ride the Table Mountain track! Yeah, ive gone down that wood slat path, and ALMOST eaten sh8 on the section where the wood drops and then raises again!

The Actual track is just after the boom, the road dips a bit its about 3 or 4 metres after the boom. Also a fun rock garden that exits with little berm!

Glad you enjoyed it! My best Part is the fast top section into the rock garden!!

I want to ride so badly, but my bike is still on her back... waiting for wheel repair..ARRR!

loveme.DH/FR2009-10-28 13:57:42

yeah, i'm planning on doing it again soon as soon as these bloody 12hr nightshifts are done with smiley6.gif

I luv the little speed bumps every few meters on the top section. If you crank it hard enough, you get some nice air. But that damn rock garden. what's your best line through it? It's not technically hard, just damn hard to maintain speed. fork! I took a few chances pedalling when I thought the rocks werent big enough. Otherwise, a quick but fun ride. You should come over and do the Signal Hill Urban Assault course before it grows over. Me thinks u will like it just as much, if not more smiley2.gif

Hey cap, read you were asking if I participated at the Helderkruin event. I did actually, didn't do too bad. Got 2nd place for my class (sports class). How are things down there?