CamelBack

mtbN00b

I have a K-Way 12 liter hydro bag' date=' bought a seperate 2l bladder, works great and you can exchange the bladder with different sizes. Cape Union Mart[/quote']

isn't the bag a bit to big?

Not if you're going away for the weekend Wink

maybe I must buy my girlfriend one .... LOL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be lost without my Rogue... It's got just enough storage space (pump, tube, levers, tool, couple of bars and enough space to stash a gilet if it gets a bit too warm. Also has a 2l capacity, and keeps the drink cold for ages...

Definitely go for the 'Bak

Hopefully getting a HAWG for Christmas from my Dad. But I love my Scudo and commute with it everyday, even pack in my jeans, towel and undies not to mention a mini collection of tools and first aid goodies.

Northface Hammerhead.

Paid R600 bucks for it and has the same features as any of the camelbacks. Its awesome in that you can use it for trail running and hiking. Have a look on the website. Has loads of pockets for all your tool & clothing needs.

I got a Fox pack on sale that I'm happy with, but had to adapt the pack with a waist harness that was missing in the design - hence the sale price - ha ha. I guess you get what you pay for. I must say that the bite valve is very important - Dakine and Camelbak make the best ones.

any bladder will do. i have a camelback cos wy back when i bought it it was the only bag available. bladder has lifetime guarantee, they recently replaced mine, no questions asked.

i use the bladder inside a 20 litre salomon bag. an overkill, the size, but i carry everything in there, no saddle bag. and there's lots of space to carry waht-ever you want in there. the best things about the salomon bag are the 2 pockets on the hip belt.

2 litre bladder was big enough for me on ride 2 rhodes, sabieX, sani2C etc ... and all the training rides prior - but that probably depends on how hard you race, whether you can afford to stop for a few minutes to refill (i need the rest) and how heavy you are on hydration.

enjoy the shopping!cat-i2009-08-12 11:54:27

Northface Hammerhead.

Paid R600 bucks for it and has the same features as any of the camelbacks. Its awesome in that you can use it for trail running and hiking. Have a look on the website. Has loads of pockets for all your tool & clothing needs.

Slowbee, I remember you complaining about your Northface on our group ride. You mentioned that it unclips at the most inconvenient time and it only has one front  strap at the chest as I remember. The Camelbak has two - waist and chest.

But must say that based on price the Hammerhead is a good deal. Camelbaks localy are insane with priceing.

My son is looking to sell his CamelPack if you are interested. Not sure of the size

20090812_133154_camelbak_logo.jpg

CAMELBAK is the correct name and is a registered Trade Mark.

I have a K-Way 12 liter hydro bag' date=' bought a seperate 2l bladder, works great and you can exchange the bladder with different sizes. Cape Union Mart[/quote']

Camelbak make girl specific packs, designed to fit comfortably over the girly bits. 

My son is looking to sell his CamelPack if you are interested. Not sure of the size

can you maybe give me the model, size and price he wants for it please?

Camelbak make girl specific packs, designed to fit comfortably over the girly bits. 

by girly bits you mean ..... LOL

20090812_133154_camelbak_logo.jpg

CAMELBAK is the correct name and is a registered Trade Mark.

is it a pack of 20 camels or those small 10 packs camel?? Big%20smile Not that I smoke .... but hey , if it makes you PRO ... maybe i can give it a go LOL Clap LOL

20090813_013309_200px-Pack_of_c.jpg 

mtbNOOb. This is also a Trade Mark, but for a very different product.

It would NOT be good for you to confuse them!! 
jagwil2009-08-13 01:33:43