CRC and Customs

GoBig

Don't worry - this isn't another "How does custom duties work for CRC orders?" thread

Would just like to know how long hubbers have waited to get customs clearance on their packages, as mine has been with them for more than a week now. Is this normal? Any way to speed up the process?

DateTimeLocationTracking Event
http://www.parcelforce.com/images/common/blank.gif
04-08-2009 11:03 Delivery Agent - CAPE TOWN via J'BURGAwaiting Customs Clearance
03-08-2009 09:41 JO'BURG INT MAIL CENTRE EMSOn route to delivery depot
31-07-2009 09:08 Delivery Agent - JOHANNESBURG - PTTArrived in destination country
30-07-2009 11:22 Heathrow Airport
30-07-2009 06:33 Heathrow AirportArrived at outward airport
30-07-2009 01:11 International HubLeft origin country
30-07-2009 00:14 International HubArrived at outward Office of Exchange
29-07-2009 13:40 National HubSorted in hub
28-07-2009 16:30 Belfast Central DepotOn route to hub
28-07-2009 00:00 WDM Online
http://www.parcelforce.com/images/common/blank.gif

Phone your post office and check regularly.  Sometimes the tracking says it is at Customs and it has already been cleared often with a new local tracking number.  Mate of mine waited for over a month only to find it had been at the PO.

You could phone 0860 111 502  or email Ben Blignaut @ blignab@sapo.co.za to find the SAPO tracking number. You give the the Parcelfoce tracking no.

Your package could require a clearing agent, or they can't find the invoice (They don't look too hard 'cos there are usually 6 copies in a clear plastic pouch on the outside of the box).

Parcelforce will only track your package whilst in Great Britain. Once it leaves there is no more British Mail tracking. You will have to phone the number above or contact Ben Blignault to get your RSA tracking number. My last parcel from St John Street Cycles had a unnessecary long stay in a room at my local Post Office.

From order to delivery 1 week.  My new frame arrived on Tuesday.

New frame? Why?

From order to delivery 1 week.? My new frame arrived on Tuesday.

Mine aswell. But they had to build my wheels first and only shipped 2 days later. So it only took 5 days of which 2 were weekend.

JOHANNESBURG ZA 14/08/20099:26ADDITIONAL CUSTOMS CLEARANCE PROCESSING IS REQUIRED FOR FORMAL ENTRY SUBMISSION / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED
JOHANNESBURG ZA 13/08/200923:05IMPORT SCAN
13/08/200922:40ARRIVAL SCAN
13/08/20095:44PACKAGE DATA PROCESSED BY BROKERAGE. WAITING FOR CLEARANCE
KOELN (COLOGNE) DE 13/08/20094:31DEPARTURE SCAN
13/08/20090:16ARRIVAL SCAN
NEWTOWNABBEY GB 12/08/200917:52EXPORT SCAN
12/08/200917:52ORIGIN SCAN
12/08/200917:11COLLECTION SCAN
GB 12/08/200912:02BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
This is where mine is sitting, it might take until monday, did it through UPS though, it was only R70 more than Parcelforce, so I figured it was worth itTongue.  Will keep you posted on when I actually have it in my hands...

As predicted by some of you, the package has been sitting at customs because they "didn't have an invoice". Well, thanks for letting me know then....

Anyway, paid only just over half the SA price for my Mavic Crossmax SLRs so it was worth it!

As predicted by some of you' date=' the package has been sitting at customs because they "didn't have an invoice". Well, thanks for letting me know then....

Anyway, paid only just over half the SA price for my Mavic Crossmax SLRs so it was worth it!
[/quote']

well, there you go...Clap

HiJack on

Confirming that there is no import duty on a frame - those that bought

Also does anyone know how 2nd hand bikes are treated as per the import duties - looking at a 29er on eBay

hijack off

thanks
Flea2009-08-17 08:33:28

Hey guys, i know this is an old thread, but how do th duties work??? and who/when do you pay them to????

HiJack on

Confirming that there is no import duty on a frame - those that bought

Also does anyone know how 2nd hand bikes are treated as per the import duties - looking at a 29er on eBay

hijack off

thanks

you need an import permit for anything 2nd hand - don't cost anything tho - go to www.itac.org.za