TRAGIC DEATH OF CYCLIST TODAY

Pickles

My friend Gerhard de Bruin (Millenium Flooring), who's wife Estelle had a near fatal cycling accident six months ago, has just passed away as a result of severe head injuries sustained this morning. He and a large group were out on a training ride. A motorist overtook another vehicle, and hit Gerhard and another lady cyclist HEAD-ON! His wife, who was following by car, was first on the scene.

PLEASE take care of yourselves. Tell your family and friends how much you love them. Often. You never know when your time is up. God Bless you Estelle. My heart is broken for you. All my love. Sue

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such sad news. Was reading on facebook about Estelle's recovery and now thisCry

Estelle is still FAR from fully recovered. Her hand has only just been operated on. Gerhard and Estelle were SUCH a lovely couple. They were SO happy together despite some really tough things they've had to endure together. I feel breathless I am so sad!

Very sorry to hear this. Was riding my motorcycle today and thinking how vulnerable we (cyclists/motorcyclists) are to this kind of prang. 

Really sorry to hear about this.

Condolences to the family.

Any idea where about it happened ?

John 

I met her at the Knysna. What a lovely lady. She still looked a little nervous around the bikes from her own crash experience. And now this. Condolences to her and the family. So, so sad.