Bitch and moan Roadies!

Regard

Yes' date=' we all brake break the rules of

the road (on and off the bicycle), but just because Paul gets away with

it, does not make it right for Peter....

[/quote']?

I have seen plenty old people driving at 30-40 kays an hour' date=' so it they can do it in a car I can on my bike....[/quote']So, you see somebody commit a murder, and that is yor ticket to murder another?Get a grip man!

No, man...what I mean is that if old people can drive as 30 so can I, in my car or on my bike?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Agteros

Yes' date=' we all brake break the rules of

the road (on and off the bicycle), but just because Paul gets away with

it, does not make it right for Peter....

[/quote'] 

I have seen plenty old people driving at 30-40 kays an hour' date=' so it they can do it in a car I can on my bike....[/quote']So, you see somebody commit a murder, and that is yor ticket to murder another?Get a grip man!

No, man...what I mean is that if old people can drive as 30 so can I, in my car or on my bike?

Stays a Peter & Paul case. Your actions should not be justifiable by the actions or inactions of other people

Roadies shmodies. Grow up and ride single file - Think Bike

Whats with the name calling, are you 10 or what?

Ageros, we live in Africa....as much as I used to like that approach and used shout at people NOT strapping their kids in, I have since decided....NOT my problem...

I'm a roadie.

I don't support the whole "lets ride in the middle of the road crap". But in some cases its more safe to ride in the middle of the road blocking the cars behind you from passing its for my own safety, don't give a ****what people behind me thing. I ride in the middle of the road over speed bumps or approaching a traffic circle and around it. You get these dumb motorists that try to go around the traffic circle at the same time as you do and you end up going off road or hitting the curb.

I try to ride as out of the way as i can. At circles, bumps, etc. the cars behind me can wait then its my turn.

Have a great evening.skaduwee2009-08-16 12:17:37

colonel - it IS my problem. i commute (sometimes) and although i generally keep on dirt' date=' there are places where i have to share the road with cars. i need all the goodwill i can get. if the motorist is irritated because of behaviour of one or 2 cyclists, he might take it out on me.some mountain bikers have ventured on tar, and some roadies have dabbled off road, so its not us against them, we're on the same side! (aren't we?)

[/quote']

Next thing you will say is that I should not complain about bad service in a restaurant as the waiter might take it out on you?

Silly argument!!!

have you neve, when your girlfriend fought with you, screamed at the cat?

at work, people used to complain to me about cyclists behaving badly (cos they know i cycle) ... some of them quite aggressive, demanding from me reasons why other cyclists do what they do - i've since made it very clear that i'm a mountain biker and don't cycle on roads - i understand about south africa's drivers being angry and all, but it doesn't help angering them more ... and i dont mean riding in the middle of the road when it's unsafe, i mean incidents like the one that sparked this thread.

What is it with MTB'ers who just cannot wait to publish every little mistake roadies make......inferiority?Confused Like a bunch of five year olds trying to get the teacher to notice them. I don't think I have ever seen a thread where a Roadie thrashes a Mountie, probably because Roadies are back and showered from their rides by the time mounties wake upLOL

Almost 60% of the MTB'ers I see ride without helmets.......surely a very basic safety measure.

I suggest you go and ruin nature with dragging back wheels and such......stop acting like you have the market cornered and stop posting whenever a roadie farts.

What is it with MTB'ers who just cannot wait to publish every little mistake roadies make......inferiority?Confused Like a bunch of five year olds trying to get the teacher to notice them. I don't think I have ever seen a thread where a Roadie thrashes a Mountie' date=' probably because Roadies are back and showered from their rides by the time mounties wake upLOL [/quote']

smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

What is it with MTB'ers who just cannot wait to publish every little mistake roadies make......inferiority?Confused Like a bunch of five year olds trying to get the teacher to notice them.

the MTBers don't have to publish their mistakes, they get scars for them so that everybody can see them .... they don't have to try to get the teacher's attention either, the teacher has a ful-time job cleaning up the blood Big%20smile

... and i bet the teacher like the MTBers a lot, even if they don't pay attention and generally are a bunch of hooligans and sleep till a respectable hour, cos their eyes sparkle LOL

cat-i2009-08-16 12:53:38

What is it with MTB'ers who just cannot wait to publish every little mistake roadies make......inferiority?Confused Like a bunch of five year olds trying to get the teacher to notice them.

the MTBers don't have to publish their mistakes' date=' they get scars for them so that everybody can see them .... they don't have to try to get the teacher's attention either, the teacher has a ful-time job cleaning up the blood Big%20smile

... and i bet the teacher like the MTBers a lot, even if they don't pay attention and generally are a bunch of hooligans, cos their eyes sparkle LOL

[/quote']

I did notice that whilst doing duty at the Trans Baviaans last night.......the sparkle thing, though I think it was tears of painOuch.....I was at the last checkpoint, 210km into the raceConfused

colonel - it IS my problem. i commute (sometimes) and although i generally keep on dirt' date=' there are places where i have to share the road with cars. i need all the goodwill i can get. if the motorist is irritated because of behaviour of one or 2 cyclists, he might take it out on me.some mountain bikers have ventured on tar, and some roadies have dabbled off road, so its not us against them, we're on the same side! (aren't we?)

[/quote']

Next thing you will say is that I should not complain about bad service in a restaurant as the waiter might take it out on you?

Silly argument!!!

have you neve, when your girlfriend fought with you, screamed at the cat?at work, people used to complain to me about cyclists behaving badly (cos they know i cycle) ... some of them quite aggressive, demanding from me reasons why other cyclists do what they do - i've since made it very clear that i'm a mountain biker and don't cycle on roads - i understand about south africa's drivers being angry and all, but it doesn't help angering them more ... and i dont mean riding in the middle of the road when it's unsafe, i mean incidents like the one that sparked this thread.

I have a solution to your work people, when they ask you why do cyclist do this and that etc...ask THEM why do their fellow motorist / parents allow their kids to stand on the front seat???

Here is my one & only comment on this:

As a roadie I very often see "roadies" riding abreast in some busy roads and even where there are 2 - 3 lanes. Last week I've seen this and one of the guys was not even wearing a helmet. They ride along chit chatting oblivious to how others road users feel - when hooted on or asked to please move U get the abused.

Now as a roadie I've never liked big groups, rode with them, yet they arrogant and irresponsible. Yes we only 2 guys which also stand a great chance of being hurt or killed. Just see what happened to Gerhard recently.

So I will neither defend the cyclist and I'll at a lesser degree defend the motorist - NON OF WHICH WILL SEE THE OTHERS POINT OR RIGHT TO THE ROAD.

GO AHEAD - RIDE AS U WILL - GROUPS, SINGLE OR TWO OR THREE - U still cannot win against the arrogance of a motorist !!!

"DT"

I agree that there are some crazy drivers out there that need to learn to be more patient, but you do get some Roadies with the "I own the road" attitude when they actually don't.

Well said smiley32.gif and nor will you win against the arrogance & ignorance of "SOME" mtbers smiley36.gif

*Please Note:I did say "some" not all...